Algeria.com Discussion Forum - Powered by vBulletin

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garantita

Yazou is offline Registered User

Garantita

Here's my own twisted recipe. You try it, you won't miss it. Enjoy.

KARANTITA A LA YAZOU

Pour 6 morceaux
    Temps de préparation: 5-10 minutes
    Temps de cuisson: 30-40 minutes

Ingrédients:
    250g (1 cup) de farine de pois chiches
    1/2 verre (1/4 cup) de thé d'huile (vegetable or canola oil)
    1 pincée de cumin
    1 pincée de sel
    1 oeuf entier
    1 litre (3 cups or a little bit more) d'eau

Préparation de la recette:
    Versez la farine de pois chiches dans un recipient
    Ajouter cumin, sel, oeuf, huile, et petit a petit ajouter l'eau en mixant avec une cuillere
    Bien mélangez le tout (de preference avec un mixeur electrique) jusqu'à l'obtention d'une pâte tres liquide (vraiment liquide)
    Laisser reposer pendant 2 heures, melanger de temp a autre avec une cuillere pour eviter la sedimentation

Beurrez généreusement un moule qui a ete préalablement chauffé
    Versez-y la pâte liquide
    Faites cuire au four préalablement chauffé a 450 F jusqu'à formation d'une croute bien dorée

Important:
    Assez d’eau pour une patte vraiment liquide
    Faire prechauffer le four et le moule pour au moins 10 minutes a 450 F
    Preparer la patte et laisser reposer pedant 2 heures avant de placer dans le four
    Saupoudrez de cumin après cuisson
    Servez chaud
    Last edited by Yazou; 7th February 2008 at 20:48.
    A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty - Mark Bradford.

nesreen is offline Registered User
    Just the recipe I was looking for . I already bought the flour and the harissa . I ate while i was in Algeria in Decembre . Yum !! thank you Yazoo . i will tell you how it turned out .
    Friendship

[60:8] GOD does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. GOD loves the equitable.

[60:9] GOD enjoins you only from befriending those who fight you because of religion, evict you from your homes, and band together with others to banish you. You shall not befriend them. Those who befriend them are the transgressors

gn4dz is offline Registered User
    mmmmmmmmm I like Garantita!! thanks Yazou for the recipe

My wife thinks I am crazy... I make it every Sunday... now it's becoming a house tradition... like my mother used to make couscous every friday as a house tradition.
    A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty - Mark Bradford.

Quote Originally Posted by nesreen View Post
    Just the recipe I was looking for . I already bought the flour and the harissa . I ate while i was in Algeria in Decembre . Yum !! thank you Yazoo . i will tell you how it turned out .
    Thanks, I complitely forgot about Harissa, I am there man

nesreen is offline Registered User
    I have just tried it , the taste is the right taste , very yummy but the look is not the right look . it looks too flat , and almost like a quiche with a hard base . that s not the kind of Qarantika im used to , thick slices with some kind of body and no crust at the bottom .
    can you help me get it right , thanks .
    Friendship

[60:8] GOD does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. GOD loves the equitable.

[60:9] GOD enjoins you only from befriending those who fight you because of religion, evict you from your homes, and band together with others to banish you. You shall not befriend them. Those who befriend them are the transgressors