+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    HOUDA-K is offline Moderator

Lightbulb ~ The power of AIPAC ~

Now if only Muslim had a lobby group.

AIPAC

[Edited by HOUDA-K on 5th April 2006 at 17:39]
    Last edited by Guest 123; 1st July 2006 at 01:30.

Guest 123 is offline Registered User

nesreen is offline Registered User
    Not in a million years .unfortunately . And the US want it that way .
    we have been hearing the UNion Maghrebine since we were in Primary school , it has never happened . and we need visas that are not always guaranteed to visit Arab countries for god sake . many Arabs leaders dont trust each other and dont help each other , and many would rather invest their money in Houston than an arab country and create much needed jobs . Many would prefer to hire Phillipino , Thai. Vietnamese Drivers and maids than Arab personnel that could help their kids speak Arabic instead of English et..et..

No i dont see that kind of unity between Arabs . and i mean never .

HOUDA-K is offline Moderator
    Salam Nesreen

I’m referring to MUSLIM lobbying not Arab Lobbying.

If only Muslims were active like their cousins and ACTIVELY engaged in politics rather than arguing about how many villas they own back home !

voltaire is offline Registered User
    Similarly with AIPAC you're talking about Likudnik lobbying, not really even lobbying that represents all Israelis (still less all Jews).

V

Originally posted by HOUDA-K

Now if only Muslim had a lobby group.

AIRPAC

Here's a Muslim lobby group in the USA:

Islamic Free Market Institute

At first glance, they seem ok to me. They certainly know how to play the political game in the US :

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...ts-cover_x.htm

• The Islamic Free Market Institute Foundation has paid for at least 23 trips by lawmakers since 2000, at a cost of $235,839. Most of the travel was to an annual conference in the Persian Gulf country of Qatar. The group raised $456,777 in 2003, according to its latest federal tax return, but declined to disclose its financial backers. Among the organization's founders in 1998 was Grover Norquist, a Republican activist and anti-tax lobbyist. He no longer is on the institute's board, but the organization shares an office with Norquist's group, Americans for Tax Reform. The Islamic Institute also has worked with another lobbyist, Asim Ghafoor, who represented an association of Islamic banks.

Guest 123 is offline Registered User

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast