Algeria.com Discussion Forum - Powered by vBulletin

+ Reply to Thread
    eileen is offline Registered User

Algerian passports

hi.. Im new to this but i'm engaged to a gorgeous Algerian man. We are supposed to get married in September in Tunisia..One problem, he applied for his new Algerian passport in May, and he still hasn't got it!!! I'm getting worried now because it seems a long time to get it renewed. Anyone any advice or any idea how much longer this could take..I'm desperate for answers here..thanks again..i would appreciate immediate contact through my e-mail if possible.

oulid-16 is offline Registered User
    I applied for my passport last summer in New York (when the consul did his visit to NY), it took me a few hours and I walked out with it in my hand. However, I was told that the new biometric system was about to be implemented and that it would take about 6 months to get passports once it was in place. So if you applied in May, youíll probably get it in October.
    Now, and it saddens me to say this, just like in Algeria itís all about who you know. So if youíre soon to be husband knows anyone that knows anyone at the mission he may be able to pull some strings and get is sooner. Again, this is all speculation.

algerian passport reply

thank you for your reply. My fiance has been to his local passport place every day for the last month and was told yesterday that his application was successful and that it was now in the process of being printed..I just hope that he has it fairly soon and doesnt take another 3 months!! I just hope he has it before october as my freedom to marry papers will be out of date by the 11th !!

Red face thank you God Inchallah

i just want to let you know..my fiance got his passport today and its all systems go now for our wedding in september,,that was the longest 11 weeks of my entire life waiting nd waiting for this moment and i am so happy!!!

afrah86 is offline Registered User
    im a bit late to tell yu congratulations

hello

thanks for the congrats..we have booked everything now..and i just have a few weeks til i take my time off work for my marriage..its been a long yr here and cannot wait to see my fiance again..its been near 11 months so far..and the hardest days of our lives..
    inchallah

afrah86 is offline Registered User
    i wish yu happy life with him