Algeria.com Discussion Forum - Powered by vBulletin

+ Reply to Thread
    jude1959 is offline Registered User

Needing information

hi, i am an english woman with an algerian fiance, we want to be married and have him living in england with me, we are having trouble finding which papers and visas we need, could anyone please provide me with information?

anon13 is offline Registered User
    Hi

Does he currently live in Algeria? If he does then it will prob be easier for you to get married there and then bring him to england as your husband. If that is the case then you will need to intially travel to algeria to get permission to marry. I dont know much about the papers needed there to get married but can help you with visa and documentation for what you need to bring him to the uk if that helps

Maria Anton is offline Registered User

Answer

Quote Originally Posted by jude1959 View Post
    hi, i am an english woman with an algerian fiance, we want to be married and have him living in england with me, we are having trouble finding which papers and visas we need, could anyone please provide me with information?
    Hello dear !

From my own experience, married to an Algerian man, I can inform you the following!

You have to go to Algeria first! I am afraid he will not have visa to England to get married to you...They DON'T give visas to stop...immigration to Europe...

So, the only real solution is to make your marriage with the Algerian authorities. You must have a birth certificate WITH your marital status ON IT ! If you have this certificates separately you will have problems...In Greece we don't have these two on the same paper and we reached the ALGERIAN Palace of Justice so to be accepted in 2 separated certificates. If you are divorced, you must have the ACT OF DIVORCE! Your card of identity and your passport. ALL these in 2 copies and formally translated in French (or Arabic). Then you will go to submit them in Wilaya (your fiance knows) and you will go to the Police in the department for mixed marriages. All these in the community of your fiance. I am sure he knows or he can ask and be informed. After this and if the papers are ok , you have to wait from 1-3 months for the answer of the police ! So, if you can't stay in Algeria so long, you have to go and be back when the answer comes (as I did). After all the favorable answers you will go to the Town Hall of the native community of your fiance and you will make your marriage ! You will take the Action de mariage from there and after this it depends on your embassy to give the visa in the way they will tell you ,since he is the husband of an european woman ! It took us ONE year for this but you may do it in less time !
    It needs LOVE and determination If both of you have them...YOU WILL DO IT !!!!

I wish you strength and love !

Maria

kabylie is offline Registered User
    wish you a well going and fulfilled relationship and marrige

hamid02 is offline Registered User

hamza helpin

Quote Originally Posted by jude1959 View Post
    must you come here to algeria and you get the married with him and is take 2 month and after ask for the paper thats need for visa just i tell you now you have to work two work like this it will easy the visa thanks

zinasixty2 is offline Registered User

Cool can i only marry my fiance in algeria

i travel into tunisia very often, would my bf, be able to drive from algeria to meet me there on vacation,, or is this a problem.... same way would it be possible when i am on vacation in tunisia, for me to go over to vasit him in algeria for 2/3 days.