+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Muslimah23 is offline Registered User

Buying a house in Algiers

I will be marrying an Algerian man soon InshaAllah. We plan to move from London to Algeria in the near future InshAllah and so he is looking for a house in the city. However, he has been told by many of his relatives in Algeria that from next year, it will no longer be possible to purchase a house in Algiers. They will be owned by the government. as a result, he wants to take out a loan so he can buy a house by the end of this year but I am reluctanct to do so.

Can anyone tell me the truth behind this story? is it true?

Thanks

Bent_Bladi is offline Registered User
    are you algerian? do you know what algeria is like before you go to live there?

if not, i think it'd be wiser to go check it out first and see if you like the lifestyle and maybe while you're there see if that house story is a myth or not. if you've been living in london all your life - then i imagine it's gonna be a pretty rough and sudden change.

Muslimah23 is offline Registered User
    No, im not Algerian. I am Indian but born and live in London. I agree, it will be a sudden change but I have always wanted to emigrate to a Muslim country.

I just need to know the facts about buying a house in the city

vicky is offline Registered User
    opsssssss do i say something wrong? hahahaha lol

Bent_Bladi is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Muslimah23 View Post
    No, im not Algerian. I am Indian but born and live in London. I agree, it will be a sudden change but I have always wanted to emigrate to a Muslim country.

I just need to know the facts about buying a house in the city
    like i said -- people can give you facts but nothing is better than you going there yourself and checking out the environment and the lifestyle and also seeing different houses... it's better to go there at least once before you decide to move there...

ps: i'm not algerian, so sorry - i don't know anything about buying/selling homes there

Exactly go, check look at around and then ask your self "Self" do i speak Arabic? lol then see the option to buy and establish your self in that wonderful land named Algeria

Quote Originally Posted by Bent_Bladi View Post
    like i said -- people can give you facts but nothing is better than you going there yourself and checking out the environment and the lifestyle and also seeing different houses... it's better to go there at least once before you decide to move there...

ps: i'm not algerian, so sorry - i don't know anything about buying/selling homes there
    Bent Bladi

Are you sure you are not algerian?: