+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Yek dziriya?

lamise is offline Registered User

Yek dziriya?

Salaam ya shabaab,

Right, since marriage seems to be a hot topic amongst A.com forum-goers, I would like to see people's views on a contraversial topic. I also have a personal interest in the responses people give, as this has been an issue in my family.

How do you feel about marrying someone of a different origin to yourself?

(perhaps a more important question... ) How would your immediate & extended family react to you announcing interest in someone of different origins?

Feel free to debate and vent, but please lets keep this friendly and free of any violence (you got that heni & showala )

Yek raana kamel s'hab

Let the discussion begin...
    -When the world pushes you to your knees, you are in the perfect position to pray.

ElHenni is offline Registered User
    I am personally of the opinion that if the lady is pious then she is good for me, background and even beauty is not a factor which would make me say yes or know.

Whilst I hold this opinion I must add that if I had infront of me two equally pious ladies, one Algerian and one not Algerian and I prayed Istikhaara and they both came out e qual then I would choose the Algerian lady.

My family are with me on this, whilst their hearts will always compell them towards an Algerian lady they realise the greater need for a pious lady above all else. Not saying taht pious lady couldnt be an Algerian lady, far from it, just that piety is the only major decision maker.

Its never as straight forward as that but in principle thats us.

phylay is offline Guest

Dorka Jannah maya3jebhache elhal

Quote Originally Posted by lamise

How do you feel about marrying someone of a different origin to yourself?

How would your immediate & extended family react to you announcing interest in someone of different origins?
    I am sorry my answer won't be long enough to launch a debate.
    Never thought of marrying a non DZ and neither did my parents.
    And it is immutable
    Vive tawa3na

Forgot to add that she must have lived in DZ

ElHenni is offline Registered User
    What is the answer to this of the author of this thread?

Khokom Guest
    Salam,

My extended family are not that bothered since we already have non Algerian women in the family.

But my mum made it very clear that she prefers an Algerian woman, for many reasons, ... she has nothing against the rest but she wants someone who will find herself compatable and culturally aware, with not only me but everyone around her, particularly her mother in law.

Personally I narrowed down the options, to make things easier and more focused, ... so for the time being its "Algerian" at the top of the list, but we dont know what Allah swt destined for us.

It also comes down to personal preferences.

I remember when I went to Algeria, I went to see my neighbour, ami merzaaq,... I missed him, havnt seen him in 10 years. . .so his wife looks out of the balcony.... ohhh is that you (she shouted my name) ??... I looked up..... ahlen khalti. . .weshraaki? rani jeet ... she was over the moon... she goes... weshraahi yamak labes? rakoum gaa bkhir?. . . ok heres her next question (bear in mind she didnt see me in 10 years).. . . gouli. . yekhi rak rayeh jeeb bent leblaad? balak hay aini lool. .. I told her. .. loukan menjibhaash menna. . . mana mnin njibha?... she started laughing.

K.

phylay is offline Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Khokom
    It also comes down to personal preferences.
    Exactly and my personal preferences go directly to DZ girls

Flora is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by phylay
    I am sorry my answer won't be long enough to launch a debate.
    Never thought of marrying a non DZ and neither did my parents.
    And it is immutable
    Vive tawa3na

Forgot to add that she must have lived in DZ
    Wa3lech wech khass'ha la beurette à la Narguilé ta3 la photo?
    Y así entraste en mi memoria

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast