Algeria.com Discussion Forum - Powered by vBulletin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Architecture

eyad is offline Registered User
    Well,, sakuracat !!! thnx.

Actually, yes i am a graduate student of Architecture.

and the Japanese architecture - great one- is held by Tadao Ando.
    other masters are:

* Tadao Ando
    * Shigeru Ban
    * Hiroshi Hara
    * Wakabayashi Hiroyuki
    * Arata Isozaki
    * Toyo Ito
    * Kisho Kurokawa
    * Fumihiko Maki
    * Takasaki Masaharu
    * Kenzo Tange
    * Yoshida Tetsuro
    * Yoshio Taniguchi

hope u share us ur interests right here...

Eyad Jumaa.. ....PEACEBEWITHYOU

The Japanese Spirit.

Check it out sakuracat .......

Umeda Sky Building, Osaka

The Nakagin Capsule Tower, by Kisho Kurokawa

The Museum of Modern Art, Wakayama, by Kisho Kurokawa

Kisho Kurokawa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fumihiko Maki

Spiral house in Tokyo

Fumihiko Maki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kenzo Tange

Tokyo Metropolitan Government Office, Shinjuku-ku Tokyo
    Kenzo Tange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Toyo Ito

Toyo Ito .....Toyo Ito (ARCHIGUIDE)

Cheba_Mami is offline Registered User
    What suprises me - maybe am off toppic- that huge buildings can resist the wind, some earthquakes , etc. Sometimes with adjusted constructions such as bouncing fundaments etc. but the rest is a miracle to me. Those huge tall heavy buildings are often found in Asia (China,Indonesia etc.)

Bent_Bladi is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by eyad View Post
    Sure not.

as i mentioned b4 that, Gehry has designed a new guggenheim museum in Abu Dhabi. and that one is the latest as i know, and as launched in media.

Oops! Well, as you can see........ it looks VERY similar ...heh...

and i ~love~ these buildings:

NEVER grow up
    Al Imran 147 - BE OPTIMISTIC!!
    your ≠ you’re

Dont be serious Bent_Bladi !!!
    its his known work Guggenheim museum.

i just posted the news...
    here is the project model, i and friends were in the exihibition held for the event.

FRANK O GEHRY. GUGGENHEIM MUSEUM IN ABU DHABI.

Guest 123 is offline Registered User

3 May 2007 -- Move over Zaha Hadid, Richard Rogers and Frank Gehry, the Spaniards have shown they can shine in their own country.

After an invasion of so-called "starchitects" in recent years, Spain has finally seen two of its most famous architects recognised for work in their home land.

Emilio Tuñón and Luis Moreno Mansilla, both 48, won the Mies van der Rohe Prize for contemporary architecture, an award funded by the European Union, for their futuristic-looking Museum of Contemporary Art (Musac) in León, northern Spain.

Among the entries was work by the architects Zaha Hadid and David Chipperfield. Hadid, 56, has designed a number of buildings in Spain, the best known being the Spiralling Towers on Barcelona's waterfront which one critic described as "like a pile of Liquorice Allsorts on top of each other".

The Mies van der Rohe award aims to recognise the work of major international architects in Europe, especially that of young designers. Other winners have included Hadid, for the Hoenheim terminal at Strasbourg airport, and the Dutch architectural superstar Rem Koolhaas, for an embassy in Berlin.

The jury praised the "tectonic clarity and intelligent materialisation" of the Musac building.

Tuñón said: "I would like to recognise the work of a generation of Spanish architects who are around 40 or 50 years old who have created good work and who are now recognised internationally. This has been a great satisfaction for us.

"There is nothing worse for an architect than a building which lacks life. The Musac is vibrant."

The building, which cost a reported £21.5m, was inaugurated in 2004 after three years' work. Tuñón said the much-admired multi-coloured façade was a "nod" towards León's cathedral. Inside there are arches reminiscent of a church. The Musac's director, Rafael Doctor, said: "Winning this prize is like winning an Oscar."

Tuñón and Mansilla have both worked for one of Spain's most famous architects, Rafael Moneo, who has just completed the extension of the Prado Museum.

Bent_Bladi is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by eyad View Post
    Dont be serious Bent_Bladi !!!
    its his known work Guggenheim museum.

i just posted the news...
    here is the project model, i and friends were in the exihibition held for the event...
    ... I am serious.... dude, when it comes to architecture, I'm a habla. It's just bio for me .... I can notice some things, some different styles (cuz i took a semester of art) bas that's all. I'm serious though... the walt disney concert hall looks JUST like it!!! don't you agree?

NEVER grow up
    Al Imran 147 - BE OPTIMISTIC!!
    your ≠ you’re