+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Kids

amalgamate is offline Registered User
    It’s shocking what kids say…
    (my experience with two little girls at an elementary school)

During recess for the kindergartners today, I found little one crying. I went up to her, hugged her and asked “What’s the matter?” She said she misses her mom. So I started talking to her trying to get her attention away from thinking about her mom and I began pointing out some things she can play with, a swing I could push her in, a slide she can slide down from, tricycles she could ride. She didn’t want to play and she cried even more this time grabbing on to my pant leg and hiding her face. I stroked her head told her that her mom will come to pick her up soon, once school is over. (It was going to be over in 1hr.) It didn’t seem to comfort her and she kept close to me. Then a young brunette girl came and said, “no I think her grandmother picks her up from school.” Then I got an idea to let them play together since the brunette seemed quite sympathetic and considerate about her classmate. So I asked the little one wrapped around my leg if she’d like to play with the brunette for the remainder of the recess. The brunette shook her head first and said, “I’m not her friend! I’m her sister.”

I was like- oh! Well, you two are sisters then? She affirmed and so did the one hugging me. She released me then, and looking up to me began naming her other sisters and then their 7 or 8 pets that they kept. I listened attentively, happy that the little one stopped crying.

Their cute conversation started getting a little too personal though and they were blurting out family issues I was shocked to know!

First off, the brunette said that she has a different mother than the blond-haired girl that I was comforting. (but they have the same dad) (I couldn’t help being perplexed about the strange similarity in their age. Remember, these ‘sisters’ are both in kindergarten)… While the brunette was looking down at the ground she said that both their moms died. I was like- wha?! You’re moms died?

Then the blond one yells at her sister correcting her saying that their moms didn’t “die”, they’re just not home… all the time.

So the brunette, shook her head at me(as if brushing off what she had just told me and erasing it) and then reiterated her statement, this time saying ‘our moms are at work all day’. Her sister nodded in agreement and added- ‘that’s what grownups do, they work’

My eyes did all the reaction but I kept silent. Then one went off topic and talked about how when there is no one at home to ‘save them’ from bad guys, the dogs do. The brunette, went on to say that one time a bad guy once tried to ‘kill them’ but their dog bit him and he ran off. (I kinda figured from this point she was exercising her imagination about the bad man-super-dog story)

it wasn’t long before recess ended and all the kids had to line up to get back to class. The little girl was out playing, and alhamdulillah she didn’t fret about her mom anymore.

I’m telling ya these kids gave me a shock… it’s really sad to know what may be going on at home.

*sigh

but don't you just adore a child when they're crying and cling on to you for comfort?
    It seems as if one fails to conceive
    The meaning my name strives to achieve

To a biological form you cannot relate-
    Because a reproductive cell is a gamete not gamate!

It means to unite, -to become consolidated
    So without me in a.com, is there hope we'd be amalgamated?

Bent_Bladi is offline Registered User
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya2burouuuuuuuuuuuuni - Yikafnuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuni !!!!!!!!!!!!

Amal - your little story almost made me want to change my mind and become a teacher!!

That's the CUTEST story - ya Allah - I want to work around kids!! You lucky bum!

Guest 123 is offline Registered User

oooommmggg!! this song- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!

we sung it so many times when we were kids! i haven't recalled this song since we lost that tape ages ago!!

Last edited by amalgamate; 1st October 2007 at 23:55.

i don't know this song.... but i know "toot toot 3ala bayrut"

Kindergartners could be obnoxious sometimes:

As I was watching the 4 and 5 year olds during their recess, a group of girls crowd around one yard duty, Ms. Chris, and they start jumping up and down screaming at the top of their lungs, "Do-lly! Do-lly! Do-lly! Do-lly!" ("dolly") I was on the other side of the playground and noticed them. they were loud. I smiled at their excessive behavior and at how Ms. Chris was trying to shoo them away.

Then i turned my back for a second and all of a sudden the group of kids are around me and more kids from the playground joined in their rant. the were frantic just jumping up and down and yelling, "DO-LLY! DO-LLY! DO-LLY! DO-LLY!" all around me. I looked up and called over the kids voices to Ms. Chris who was on the other end of the playground (relieved she had no one around her anymore) and I was like- "MS. CHRIS!! WHAT'S GOING ON!? You sent them over to me didn't you!!"

She raised both hands in the air smiling and yelled back, "I'VE GOT NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON!"

My head was spinning and my ears were about to burst! I told them to calm down and they wouldn't. So I raised my hands up at them and quickly asked them a question, just to lessen their ranting. I was like- "OK STOP, STOP!- Who is this dolly now?"

For a quick time they ceased jumping and giggling and answered me unanimously, "YOU!!"

And just as soon as they stopped, they began jumping and yelling hysterically around me "DO-LLY! DO-LLY! DO-LLY DO-LLY!"

I covered my ears, I felt a headache initiating and I ran across to Ms. Chris- the rascals following me. Now they were around me and Ms. Chris. Ms. Chris felt hopeless and we both couldn't understand why these kids are being so obnoxious. I asked her again why are the kids doing this. We were yelling to each other over their voices. She said that they had done this before and she doesn't know how or why it originated. She tried threatening to tell their teachers on them, she threatened to bench each and every one of them- they just didn't heed.

I was getting desperate- my brain was vibrating from their high-pitch voices. And these were a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds!! So I immediately gave them another thing to concentrate on- the only thing that could come to mind was a hand game. I told them to tap their heads up and down with one hand while with the other hand to rub their bellies in a circular motion (it's a trick- no one could coordinate two different motions simultaneously with both hands )

They only slightly calmed down as they tried what i told them to do. Seconds later- the bell rings for the end of recess and they all had to get in their class lines.

Oh my God, my head was hurting... all the kids dispersed and got in line obediently.

*sigh* Kids, I hope they don't do that again tomorrow. It'll be disappointing to punish all those beautiful cheery faces with the tiny mouths, cute pigtails and fluffy skirts-

hehe, u got rid of them w/ a bell... wait til u have to wait til they get married