+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mayissa is offline Registered User
    Oh and all must have officical stamps once translated but this can be done in Algeria, even english documents must have some kind of stamp and look official - algerian style

Guest 123 is offline Registered User
    alf shukr, ya Mayissa, that's a very comprehensive answer, a great help.

In fact, it's so good I'm going to copy it and place a thread in the women's section, as these threads vanish down the open board quite quickly and it will be more easily found in the women's section.

Many thanks for your help, if you're working tell your boss that I said that s/he should give you a day off.

Ahlan beka

No problem

But please also be sure to post that requirements - as you know - regularly change in Algeria so its always best to check the documentation required is up to date. If I hear of updates I will be sure to post!!

I can but try to ask for a day off but I doubt it will happen!!

Ma’a salama

BeeMyBaby is offline Registered User

More questions....

"Then a declaration from a doctor to declare that both can marry - this is now a legal requirement in Algeria for the time being."

What does this entail?

Also, you said you need an initial appointment, then a follow up appointment, how much time is generally inbetween the two appointments, as I'm trying to get a job in the UK, but its difficult if I am having to take long holidays to deal with these things.

Kind regards,
    Felicity

Then a declaration from a doctor to declare that both can marry - this is now a legal requirement in Algeria for the time being."

What does this entail?

It involves you and your spouse both giving blood, the blood being tested for various diseases and also determining your blood group.

You would then take both of these reports to another doctor or the same doctor if need be who writes a short report you then present this report before applying for marriage.

I presume this is done because in Algeria it is still common to marry within extended family therefore by testing the blood they can determine if both parties are able to conceive healthy offspring.

Also, you said you need an initial appointment, then a follow up appointment, how much time is generally in-between the two appointments, as I'm trying to get a job in the UK, but its difficult if I am having to take long holidays to deal with these things.

The whole process I believe takes around 6 weeks if you are organised, this would involve making two trips as per my above post, make sure you have all documentation to hand, be organised and patient as Algerian Bureaucracy can sometimes cause severe mind lapse.

KR

Kind regards,

soemboy2401 is offline Registered User

help

is there anyone who can help me with the process of marriage
    please i'am really lost
    contact me via msn or skype