+ Reply to Thread
    *touta* is offline Registered User

Advise about Algerians

Hello everyone

I found this site by a coincident and it seems like the right place for good advise about Algerians. I've fallen for a man I met online, we have been talking almost every day for 1,5 years now. I really love him so much. I guess men in my country are ok, if you meet the right one. But they don't have the same charm and innocence as my man. I can never go back. He's everything I want and need.

But I don't really know how to tell my family and friends. That we met online will be a problem, that he's foreign, etc. Not that my family is not open to other cultures, but I guess they want someone who thinks the same way as us. They just wants what is best for me. But I don't think they will understand that he's the one for me. So is there anyone in the same situation here? I would really like some advise about that. And also if you ever traveled to Algeria? I'm so afraid to behave the wrong way. I'm from northern part of Europe, so I guess there will be some misunderstanding. I really want to meet him. But he also says he's not sure about me coming there, because he lives in a small village and I don't think he wants the attention it will bring if I go there. So if anyone has experience from that too, it will be nice to hear. And everything in general about Algerians

shakila is offline Registered User
    Hello *touta* and welcome to the Algeria.com forums - which as you can see are very quiet.

The posts in this topic may be of interest to you....
    http://www.algeria.com/forums/womens-corner/

Wishing you health and happiness!

Quote Originally Posted by shakila View Post
    Hello *touta* and welcome to the Algeria.com forums - which as you can see are very quiet.

The posts in this topic may be of interest to you....
    Women's Corner

Wishing you health and happiness!
    Hello Thank you.

I can see that. So maybe I will find an answer in the posts you suggested or post my question there instead. Thank you for your answer

BeeMyBaby is offline Registered User
    There is no problem if he lives in a small village as women don't hang about the village, you will find you will spend 90% of your time inside. Where abouts in Algeria is he from? If he is Kabylie then if you don't wear a hijab it won't matter as they don't tend to wear them in the villages there so you wouldn't stick out. The only thing that will probably happen is you might get a fair few guys trying to catch your eye when you are there because there are alot of visa hunters out there it seems, which I am very sad to admit.

Trustissues# is offline Registered User

Same situation

So I just typed up this hole big response and my iPad went dead!!! Lol lol below is my story..... I posted in the women's part 65 views but no replies? I just spoke to my man today he is in Algiers now visiting mom and sisters, talked to sister also, so I think I'm just very paranoid about the whole "different" type of relationship and cultures... I feel that I did not just meet him by chance online...(although you must be careful online!) but we met for a reason? Destiny? Not sure but my trust is getting better... I tell every one of my friends and family I met him online and that he is muslium! It never even hit me he was muslium ... Till someone pointed out his name and looks! As he lives in London , but it's my life , like it's your life, if family and friends can't understand and are judgmental, find a good friend that is not, as they need to know exactly what your doin for safety reasons, how you feel about him and understand! Secrets are not good for the soul! Just be careful and have him visit you , rent a separate place so you can go home if need! As I did , then I stayed with him in London, time of my life, we hit Paris also, and no neither of us are wealthy ! He is going to be here for a month soon, hummmm time will tell !
    So now this below ;;;;; I don't think is the case, but time and me paying attention will!!!!
    Good luck!!!! As Algerian men are very intriguing!

So my dilemma, Ive met a Algerian, Muslim man on a dating web site we talk everyday through the site before I exchanged emails then on to the phone numbers ... He has had 2 long relationships, to British/london woman and lived in London for over 30 yrs moved there when he was young ... Had 2 children with first and raised 3 step children with no other parental help from biological parent, lasted 10 yrs, bad divorce ! Second , 2 more children last about 10 yrs, he left home to Algiers due to losing company and woman.. Stayed 6 months to clear head has been single for 5 To 6 years? Ateast no commitments (but he is a man!) he came to meet me for 2 weeks. Went great till end? (Gemini) I was to return with him and we (he) decided no... I was a bit devastated, but then we started talking about it worked it out, he needed to "re-group" I get that, it's a man thing! So I went 3 months later it was great, a little jekel and Hyde lol lol, gemini "twins" but as every new older couples no with bad baggage memory's it's hard to trust and believe on both ends, and Im a big communicated and outspoken, him not so much. So I have doubts about things ? I did t find out about the other kids till about a month later, thought he would scare me off? Then every visit so far to me , there's a trip to Algiers? To see family, mom and sisters, nieces (2) and 2 nephews? As vacation time for him is over a month in summer.... So what I'm getting at is ... Is there a possible other family? Or a child a family member is taking care of ( while he was there for 6 months? Time and had a child? age seem close?) he does want to move to the states? Papers? Love? I'm unfortunately a damaged woman with major trust and truth issues of men! Which is very hard to deal with and not sabotage a possible great love? I'm looking for sighs I should watch for? We did discus dual citizenship for me? I'm very confused and wonder if any of the woman out there had any advise for me? He is arriving this summer for a month ... See how that goes... Lol lol I just don't think I can handle another heartbreak like I just did of 26 yrs, and this is not a rebound I have been single for 4 yrs.... Husband big liar and cheater for a very long time in our marriage! Also all this info I give about him is what he has told me ? I have met all his children and some friends in London but the young daughter , teenage , not ready , diva, lol lol

Quote Originally Posted by BeeMyBaby View Post
    There is no problem if he lives in a small village as women don't hang about the village, you will find you will spend 90% of your time inside. Where abouts in Algeria is he from? If he is Kabylie then if you don't wear a hijab it won't matter as they don't tend to wear them in the villages there so you wouldn't stick out. The only thing that will probably happen is you might get a fair few guys trying to catch your eye when you are there because there are alot of visa hunters out there it seems, which I am very sad to admit.
    He told me that we would go out and visit places, but I guess maybe we wouldn't spend so much time in the village..since he doesn't want the attention and maybe the other men as you say. He's not Kabylie. He lives by the Mediterranean Sea.. so fortunately not in the dessert.. I wouldn't stand the heath.. I'm from a cold place And even though I won't wear the whole Muslim outfit, I will cover up more than I do here. I will feel more comfortable in Algeria if I don't stand out and he will be happy too .