+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Zanariah is offline Junior Member

Wink Want to know more about Algerian men

Hi there,
    As this is my first posting... I hope that there will be someone out there who is kind enough to tell me more about the algerian men in terms of 1)relationship 2)religion 3)culture 4)attitude & behaviour. I recently got to know an algerian guy... he is very secretive about whats he is doing and im not too sure if he really likes me. i also find him weird and funny sometimes. well, this guy is mysterious... i cant really read whats in his mind most of the time.

Thanks!

Tracey is offline Member

Algerian men

I am married to an Algerian man (I'm English),expecting first baby soon. Your comment on your friend being secretive rang a loud bell!But don't be too worried by this.Algerian men are secretive, moreso with people from there own country than foreigners, when they can be more forthright and open. It can take a while for them to trust you,particularly if they have been fed horror stories of foreign women.
    Algerian men like decent,respectful women who don't show their bodies of as though they were at a meat market! My husband said that his interest in me was ignited not when he saw that I had beautiful eyes or that I had a nice physique but when I told him that I did voluntary work at a soup kitchen for the homeless!
    If you met an Algerian man in a bar/club I would seriously question his intentions as I doubt if he seriously wants an appropriate relationship.On the other hand I would suggest that if an Algerian man wants to find a nice foreign wife he should also not look to these places, as I suspect he will be disappointed.
    Algerians are usually very family orientated and their religion is Islam. Our religions are different but this has never been an issue for us-it might be different for others though.
    My husband has always been a true gentleman in every sense of the word and this has never altered in all the time I have known him.As far as my mother is concerned he can do no wrong!
    There are good and bad apples in every culture/country but my experience has been positive.
    Tracey

yazza2 is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

Iam also married to an algeria man and i'm english what Tracy said is right. I met my husband in a club it was the 1st time i'd gone to one! He said he was attracted to me because i was the only one that was not showing off my body and he could see that i was different and not going after men. Said he watched me for a long time and when men would talk to me i'd walked away not interested in them. Later when he came over to talk to me (i can remember it well.)he said please don't walk away can i ask you a question he asked me why i was pushing the men away i said they are only after 1 thing and i'm not into that. told him it was 1st time in a club and that i didn't really like it. he asked why i was not dressed like the other women and i said i don't show off my body and don't know why i shouldif they don't like it thats there problem. Thing went from there and we started seeingeach other and after 2 years we got married and now have been married for just over a year.
    I found algerian men are private and it takes alot for them to open up and it does take alot for them to trust anyone.
    The one thing i would add to tracy's post is that they expect complete honesty from their wives.
    Ann

Tracey is offline Member

To Yazza2

Ann,
    nice to know another Englishwoman who has married an Algerian.When will you convert-have you decided?
    Perhaps I would have if I had been younger but a person gets set in one's ways after a time.

Have you ever visited Algeria? I would love to go and visit his mother and family but am very wary of the situation there.

Tracey

I have visited algeria last summer and loved it. I am going to convert. not sure when. i have trouble with wearing hibjab but when i was over there there was hardly and one who covered it seems mostly the old who do this. Here wear i live in a villiage i would be the only muslim woman so wearing hibjab would draw attention to me and it say that women should not draw attention to herself so i am confused on this!! I am 37years I hope you will be able to go to algeria it is a wonderful place. I hope to again next year.. the people were really friendly to me.

Gardenia is offline Senior Member

Lightbulb A word of advise to you both

I am so shocked at the newly convert! You always talk about Hijab well, let me tell you that as a young lady who lives in Algiers I do not wear one and nor does my mom or grand ma. I am sick and tired of the whole misconception and the people who think hijab is a short cut to heaven. I have seen many so called Hijab wearers who did things I can never even think of and you just have to go around stade 5 juillet and see them kissing and holding hands with their boyfriends. They use parks, ancient ruins and many visitorsEsights to kiss and hold hands. I do not wear hijab but will not kiss or hold hands in a public place as a respect for my country traditions, my reputation and my family honors!

So please convert in your heart and keep your faith between you and god. Islam is a religion that does not allow bousting or showing off! Islam is about been discreet and doing good deeds!

I'm 23 years old, I live in Algiers, and love it here !

Thank-you for your advice. I saw with my own eyes while I was there what you said about the parks etc; and I agree with you and I don't don't kiss etc in public my husband even here in the uk I have too much respect for myself and my husband. Your advice about hibjab I found good as was always confused on this. Iam converting because I feel in my heart it is right and true. I am not converting for my husband as I feel this would not be a true convertion. Convertion has to come from the heart. I started reading and learning about Islam before I even met my husband. He was abit surprized when he told he was muslim and didn't back away and knew a fair bit about Islam. As most english haven't got a clue and tend to be afraid of it.
    Thank-you again
    ANN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast