+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Sweeter_Pea is offline Registered User
    Thank you Mr Phylay, I will keep that in mind in a few years when I get there

Cheba_Mami is offline Registered User
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RVega
    Well one thing I do know is that most Arab men are possessive, demanding and controlling.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-khiyal
    If I ever catch you posting anything like that for other men to read on other forums there will be trouble, OK? You're ours now and you'll do as you're told.
    ya Khiyal, you had it in you, didnt you old habits... never go away

oh and Danielle, good luck!

Cheba_Mami is offline Registered User

to Danielle

oooh i was supposed to give some advice.... wel.... ummm..... start by reading a.com, make some good Agerian friends, the girls, and then buy some Algerian cookingbooks or get them from e-net, and then go to the library read about Algeria, show respect for all customs and traditions etc. and last but not least learn Arabic...
    helpful?

liberte is offline Registered User
    I hate to jump in and start splitting hairs here but I think Danielle said that she's marrying a Kabyle guy....
    right, that's my two pence worth!
    Oh, Danielle, have a look at the wedding dress thread, the Kabyle one is lovely!

Danielle is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the advise!! I know that a mixed culture marriage will not always be easy, but it is so interesting and exciting to learn about another culture...and I would want to be with Belka no matter where he was born. I don't see the possesive characteristic that someone mentioned. He is kind, funny, and very respectful, and did I mention the boy can cook!! Also, thanks for the direction to view the wedding dress thread! For my birthday my fiance gave me a traditional Kabyle dress - so pretty! It is not as fancy as the wedding dresses, but that is something to consider since I would like to incorporate some Algerian traditions into my American wedding. I have heard some about the wedding tradition there.....does anyone have any ideas of simple things I can do to "algerian-ize" our wedding? And just a complaint about the US immigration process. I think they want people to give up! They take so long and make everything so difficult!!! I last saw my fiance in Paris back in June.....email and phone just aren't the same. Hopefully he will be here by November. He speaks english well, but mostly communicates at home in french or kabyle. I am learning french....but don't know if I could ever learn the kabyle language....I love the way it sounds though. ok now I am just rambling....I think I am just missing my sweety.

New_Friend is offline Registered User
    Hi Danielle,

It's been a long time since I browsed a.com forums. I'd be glad to discuss the PNW Kabyle "community" with you sometime if you'd like....I was married to one here once, too. It's a community with it's own interesting little dynamic. Nonetheless, I'd be glad to meet with you and your fiancee sometime and can introduce you the local hangouts.

"New_Friend"

nesreen is offline Registered User
    Hello Danielle , Hello Rosie.

I wish you all the best and congratulations . ups and downs are in every marriage even between Americans . Yes there are more difficulties in Mixed couples (religion, kids upbringing ) but if you love each other , you ll work at your marriage and do not let the families on both sides affect your relationships .

Im married to a NON ALgerian (im An algerian Lady ) he is Muslim but that was not enough for MY family . His family was so good and nice. Anyway i faced hostility from my side of the family but he has been really nice to them , generous, and received them in our homes in Morocco and offered them the best vacations they could dream of (even though he knew they hated him, i did not have to tell him , he could see me cry weekly on the phone and feel depressed ) Anyway , after 3 kids , they realized i was extremely happy , he was down to earth , honest, faithful , his home and kids were his priority , he hardly spends time outside home. he spends all his free time with us and his kids . and he is an excellent father and husband . So I won , now they know i could not have chosen a better husband . i did not give up . (I was expecting their total support but i did not get it )

I hope you get all the support you need from family to make your marriage work. congratulations to both of you . Regards .
    Friendship

[60:8] GOD does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. GOD loves the equitable.

[60:9] GOD enjoins you only from befriending those who fight you because of religion, evict you from your homes, and band together with others to banish you. You shall not befriend them. Those who befriend them are the transgressors