+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    liberte is offline Registered User
    Searching for an unbiased opinion?
    Last edited by Guest 123; 26th June 2007 at 00:13.

liberte is offline Registered User
    Oh no, according to them, no one is good enough!
    I would think that many men's mums would feel likewise!

Nectar77 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by liberte
    Oh no, according to them, no one is good enough!
    I would think that many men's mums would feel likewise!
    Liberte, am glad you brought this subject up...or maybe you didn't! dono...
    We all know that a mother is the son's first love, which is very sweet, but the trick is to get over it ....

DZ men, love their mumies and their mumies cooking, no one comes close to their mumies! no one even compares....SOoo nice but don't compare her with your wife or your wife's cooking....that's just wrong!
    Nectar77

flyinghorse is offline Registered User
    Hi Danielle,
    i am a little late maybe with my answer, it's a long time ago i was online here, you may be married alreaday by now? Anyway, me too i know a kabyle algerian man since 5 years and i am married with him since 2 years.
    It's correct that different culture and religion can cause problems, but problems you will have in any relationships. I am a christian and he is muslim of course, taking his religion very serious. He knew from the beginning that i never would convert and he accepted. We have from time to time some delicate discussion about that, about things we both will never agree with each other. But this is never a reason who could affect our love for each other.
    He is demanding, controlling and possessiv. But like every characteristic you can live it in a positiv or negativ way. So actually i enjoy his possessiv quality, because i want to be his and only his. And the same way he is demanding, the same way he is giving! So it's nothing wrong with that. The controlling part can be from time to time a problem, because i am a very free and independent swiss-canadian woman with an own business and i am not used to ask for any permission or giving any explanations not to a husband, father or brother
    This was hard for him to swallow. But there are ways to deal with it. So i tell him for example as much as possible all about my work and keep him involved with it. Right now i am pregnant and i will have a baby break for at least the next 18 months so he is very excited about that and about the baby of course.
    However, he is the love of my life and i am his. The passion for each other in all those years never became less. He is 200 % frankly with me, i know, he never ever would cheat on me, he even never would look at an other woman. He is generous and always worry about me. He is extremly protecting and he would do anything for me.
    So, just my experiences, hope you gonna have a loving and happy relationship with your man too.
    By the way we married in Algiers the tradidionell way, just a bit less splendid than others do but it was very nice with all his family and the Iman talked to us in a very nice way and explained me the qualities of a islamic marriage in a very kind way.
    Post it when you are married !

Greetings from Canada, salutations de Québec
    Heidi

P.S. I think it's very important to know about french language. Kabyle will be extremly difficult to learn for you, but french it's no problem and so you will be able to talk to his family and anyway everybody when you ever gonna visit Algerie.

chicaloca is offline Registered User
    hi can someone suggest websites or shops in london that sell kabyle/algerian traditional dress for wedding ??

sylvia_aquarian is offline Registered User

Married to an Algerian

Hi, I know it has been a very long time since you were last on this site, but I am too from Québec and have married a Kabylie and am in the process of sponsoring him...He too has the same characteristics as your husband, lol...How are the two of you?

Quote Originally Posted by flyinghorse View Post
    Hi Danielle,
    i am a little late maybe with my answer, it's a long time ago i was online here, you may be married alreaday by now? Anyway, me too i know a kabyle algerian man since 5 years and i am married with him since 2 years.
    It's correct that different culture and religion can cause problems, but problems you will have in any relationships. I am a christian and he is muslim of course, taking his religion very serious. He knew from the beginning that i never would convert and he accepted. We have from time to time some delicate discussion about that, about things we both will never agree with each other. But this is never a reason who could affect our love for each other.
    He is demanding, controlling and possessiv. But like every characteristic you can live it in a positiv or negativ way. So actually i enjoy his possessiv quality, because i want to be his and only his. And the same way he is demanding, the same way he is giving! So it's nothing wrong with that. The controlling part can be from time to time a problem, because i am a very free and independent swiss-canadian woman with an own business and i am not used to ask for any permission or giving any explanations not to a husband, father or brother
    This was hard for him to swallow. But there are ways to deal with it. So i tell him for example as much as possible all about my work and keep him involved with it. Right now i am pregnant and i will have a baby break for at least the next 18 months so he is very excited about that and about the baby of course.
    However, he is the love of my life and i am his. The passion for each other in all those years never became less. He is 200 % frankly with me, i know, he never ever would cheat on me, he even never would look at an other woman. He is generous and always worry about me. He is extremly protecting and he would do anything for me.
    So, just my experiences, hope you gonna have a loving and happy relationship with your man too.
    By the way we married in Algiers the tradidionell way, just a bit less splendid than others do but it was very nice with all his family and the Iman talked to us in a very nice way and explained me the qualities of a islamic marriage in a very kind way.
    Post it when you are married !

Greetings from Canada, salutations de Québec
    Heidi

P.S. I think it's very important to know about french language. Kabyle will be extremly difficult to learn for you, but french it's no problem and so you will be able to talk to his family and anyway everybody when you ever gonna visit Algerie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6