+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Danielle is offline Registered User

Any advice? I am marrying an Algerian.

Hello, I am an American woman marrying a Kabyle Algerian man. We met in Paris a year and a half ago. We are in process of getting his visa to come here. I am very excited to have him here and to get married. I am posting to get any advise on this cross-culture relationship. So far I haven't noticed huge differences or problems.....what are your experiences? Any non-Algerians married to an Algerian out there? Thanks for any stories or insight that would help! Also, if you know of any Algerians in Oregon or Washington state in the Pacific Northwest USA...let me know. I am looking for Kabyle contacts for my fiance. Thanks!

HOUDA-K is offline Moderator
    I don't have any advice to offer, but I wish you all the best for your marriage.

KE
    KE is offline Registered User
    No advice as such but... I am married to an Algerian man (nearly 2 and a half years) and what I will say is that he is the most genuine, honest (which I think at times can be a bit of a shock for us Western women but is actually quite refreshing!) and respectful person I have ever met. My experience is (from my husband and our friends) that Algerian men can be very proud but when they give you their word, they stick to it.. come what may!

At first religion was an issue for us (he is Muslim and I was raised Christian), not in a bad way as such but just something that couldn't be ignored. When we married I hadn't given much thought to converting but after 2 and a half years of marriage I am now beginning to follow Islam.

I wish you the best of luck and if you want to ask me any questions then go ahead!

nedjma95 is offline Registered User
    Hello Danille , houw are you?
    Well first I wish you the best ,and hope that the immigration wont take for ever for you guys .I live in the north west in Washington , and yes there is a good amount of Algerians here some kabyles but I dont know a lots of them . I'm sure if he comes here it is easy to meet them . Good luck

k_s
    k_s is offline Registered User
    Machaallah it`s good to see western women praising Algerian men.

Sweeter_Pea is offline Registered User
    Samir, have western women been praising you?

k_s
    k_s is offline Registered User
    Yes I am Algerian therefore what they said above includes me

But if you wonna go into more concrete examples yes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast