Algeria.com Discussion Forum - Powered by vBulletin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    miranda is offline Registered User

Smile enquiry to Mahdiyyah about living in Algeria

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdiyyah View Post
    Dear Mini,
    I am a 34 year old English girl and I married an Algerian man a year ago and as they refused his entry to the UK to live with me, I gave up my flat, my career and my friends and moved to Algeria 6 weeks ago for good. I recognise those wonderful characteristics of respect and consideration in my husband and have met others who show this trait. I have been fortunate to only have met one Algerian man who didn't treat his wife well, although, as has already been mentioned, there is good and bad everywhere. If you are marrying him then I hope that you already know him well enough to have made that commitment and I wish you all the happiness in the world.
    Best wishes
    Mahdiyyah

Dear Mahdiyyah (what a long user name...hi,hi)

I'm a 38 year old danish woman, who has been married to an Algerian for 16 years, we have two children and we live partly in London and Denmark.

My children do not speak algerian. I would like to ask how you, being a foreigner, find life in Algeria? Do you go out on your own? Do you socialize with other nationalities or only algerians? Do you work?

I hope you don't find these questions too intimate!

I would really like to hear from you again or anyone else living in Algeria, but not being an algerian. Thanks in advance!

Miranda

cazuk is offline Registered User
    Hi to you all.

Id just like to say that im also in a long term relationship (4 years) with an Algerian man & im going to visit him this coming weekend for a month & possibly marry in Algeria.

Im English & i have to say this......im 47 years old have been married & in relationships with English men in the past & this is the first Algerian man i have dated & this is the best relationship ive ever had, he treats me with total respect & i can trust him 100% (unlike English men)!

All this negative rubbish about horror stories etc needs to stop, yes, there's good & bad in every country but dont single out Algerian men & write rubbish about them, Although i know more English men than Algerian men i do i know quite a few Algerian people & all are very nice indeed.

Im looking forward to my trip to see my Partner & the country.

So, to top it all....im very happy

Caz X

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Aminah View Post
    Salaam Ladies

I stumbled across this site sometime ago... and visit occasionally to read up on the news and culture of Algeria. More recently I've come across the forums and decided to put a post up today. I'm due to get married to a Algerian man in a few weeks time, I'm a British citizen and my fiancee has lived and worked here for some years now and is awaiting a decision on his "Leave to remain" (I'd just like to add that I havent in anyway participated in his application)
    The man I know is decent, honest and hardworking. He treats me with the up-most respect (as I do him) and I really hope to build a life togther with him incha'allah. I've come across many postings re: Algerian men and most have been really negative!

So today, Im posting for the 1st time and calling for all those who have had positive experience with Algerian men in Marraige to please step forward My inlaws sound like decent people and we are planning to visit Algeria sometime soon! incha'allah and I'm really looking forward to visiting

I intend to keep posting... if u people keep reading if not for anything else but to offer insight/my point of view as an outsiderd to Algerian men and Culture!

So Watch this space!
    Love to all!
    Mini xxx

nesreen is offline Registered User
    BRAVO CAZUK

You are right there are bad and good guys in every Community . i had met a british lady before who told me she had dated british guys before and she had fun but no one had made her feel special than her Algerian partner . she felt special , loved and respected . for her previous british boyfriend she was just there for physical relations not emotional , and with the Algerian guy she said she felt she was so special .
    Of course others may have negative stories to tell but that happens everywhere , in the US , in France , everywhere . so you are right people should not generalise .
    Friendship

[60:8] GOD does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. GOD loves the equitable.

[60:9] GOD enjoins you only from befriending those who fight you because of religion, evict you from your homes, and band together with others to banish you. You shall not befriend them. Those who befriend them are the transgressors

KE
    KE is offline Registered User
    Hi Mini,

I haven't been on these forums for about a year but was just bowsing through and saw your post.

I have been married to my Algerian husband for nearly 5 years and we are extremely happy. I won't lie to you - we have had our ups and downs but by being honest with each other and talking about every little issue we have we have built a strong, trusting relationship. I think it is quite dangerous to put people in boxes due to their nationalities but it also cannot be denied that there are differences between Algerian and British men. My husband is religious and extremely family orientated which is fantastic. He treats me like a princess every day and we have been through some tough stuff together and the support we give each other is amazing.

I am 26 and have never been married before so as such have nothing to compare to however the dignity, respect and honour that my husband and his Algerian friends have is second to none and just does not seem to be evident amongst British guys in the same way (I hate saying this as both my brothers are "British guys" and I love them to pieces but it's true!)

I think it would be naive to imagine that making a marriage work with someone from another country / religion / culture (in this case all three) will be easy and there will probably be a few more stumbling blocks than if you were to marry someone from the same country / religion / culture but if you both work at it the rewards are worth it. I am so happy and wish you every happiness in your marriage. Am determined to stay in touch more with these forums so if you want to ask me anything then ask away.

KE

SonyaM is offline Registered User

Good and Bad

Hi ladies,

I am new here.... I too have had some good and bad experiences with Algerian men. I was with an Algerian man for several years who really did'nt treat me very well at all, found out he was engaged to another woman in Algeria, lied to me and was unfaithful. After this, i swore off Algerian men forever. But then i met my future husband, who chased me to go on a date with him for 6 weeks. After that first date, we were hooked and got married 2 months ago. He has been living here in the UK for 17 years, got his own british passport. (We know several algerian men who married for their passport.)
    I was so miserable before, but since meeting my beautiful husband neither of us have ever been this happy and inshallah we will remain this way and work through the bad times.

Cat40 is offline Registered User

Red face Only my thoughts

I occasionally visit the site just to browse, have never posted but thought I would like to add to this posting. I have been married to an Algerian man for 15 years now. We have one child and I think my husband is wonderful. Saying that our marriage has had loads of ups and downs and at times can be very hard work. I would say mainly due to us both being from different countries and different cultures. Where I am from we don't really have a very strong culture not in the same way Algerian's have a culture and at times this can be very difficult to get used to especially when out in Algeria. I visited Algeria for the 1st time almost 12 years ago and it was I have to say a bit of a shock to the system, but my thought has always been that over time I will get used to everything, the country, the people, the rules, the culture. We now go to Algeria each year for holiday, have been for about 5 years, have just returned but I am not sure it is getting easier. I feel that the very strong cultural difference will always be a big stumbling block as people almost let you feel that you will have to accept and adapt to all cultural aspect to be fully accepted into the community and this can be hard. I also find that my husband can behave in a very different way when we are in Algeria then when we are back home. I would almost go as far to say that visiting Algeria has a negative effect on our marriage to me it is always very noticeable the first few weeks when we are back from holiday. I also find that since we started visiting Algeria about 5 years ago my husband has become at times very aggressive in his behaviour, so I'm a bit worried how he would be one day when we live out there as this is the plan. I suppose only time will tell and no doubt there will have to be a lot of compromise from my side as my husband definitely don't like compromise. After all this is I still think my husband is a wonderful husband and father.

Ridhanisa09 is offline Registered User

got his own british pasport

Quote Originally Posted by SonyaM View Post
    Hi ladies,

I am new here.... I too have had some good and bad experiences with Algerian men. I was with an Algerian man for several years who really did'nt treat me very well at all, found out he was engaged to another woman in Algeria, lied to me and was unfaithful. After this, i swore off Algerian men forever. But then i met my future husband, who chased me to go on a date with him for 6 weeks. After that first date, we were hooked and got married 2 months ago. He has been living here in the UK for 17 years, got his own british passport. (We know several algerian men who married for their passport.)
    I was so miserable before, but since meeting my beautiful husband neither of us have ever been this happy and inshallah we will remain this way and work through the bad times.

hai SonyaM,

im annisa from indonesia, i have algerian boyfriend. we plan to marry soon but he need paper. may i know how your husband got his own british passport? my boyfriend has been living in the UK for 7 years. we cant marry as long as he havent paper. i want to know the process your husband can got his passport. is my boyfriend need a lawyer? thanks