+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Tania is offline Registered User

hey Everyone

How are you all??I just found this website, I am a British citizen originally algerian, I have been in a relationship with an Algerian guy for 12 years, and we are getting married April, my parents didnt want me to marry someone from algeria, because they said it is very hard to bring him over here, but he's the person that i want to spend the rest of my life with, and to be honest I am kind of scared, I am scared if after getting married to him, i found out that my parents were right! I would also like to know which documentations do i need to take with me? anyone here that has been in the same situation as me please advise, anyone who reads this and would like to give me their opinions you are welcome, I would love to hear it, I really need ADVICES!!

Kind Regards to you ALL!

itsonlyme is offline Registered User

Are all algerian men the same

Assalamualaikum / Hi all

I am thinking of getting married to an algerian (i did know one person) but i dont think i will marry him because he said the womans role is all the housework, he is a practising muslim which is what i want (i am british born pakistani) but he does not follow the sunnah of doing housework, he said his culture is different so i am confused. If he wasnt religous i would understand (he has a beard and prays 5x etc) but he seems to like his culture more than his deen. He also said he wants to spend his quality time in coffee houses and watching al jazeera which i think is a waste of time for a 40 year old man, he already has permanent stay through his first wife whom he divorced (i think he only married her for her visa btw). He should be learning about islam or something and he doesnt like debating just says women should always look beautiful etc whereas i do like debating.

Anyway i really find algerian men attractive esp the bearded ones and was wondering are they all the same in the above regards?

Thanks
    S

itsonlyme is offline Registered User

worried he will leave me

oh and tbh i am abit worried he might leave me, i am in my late 30's and i know that algerian men want kids for sure and they love beauty in women , i think he will use me for a passport and then dump me afterwards. Has this happened to anyone?

BeeMyBaby is offline Registered User
    If he already has indefinite leave then why does he need you for a passport? You can get a british passport without being married, it just takes an extra couple of weeks.

AMRWM is offline Registered User
    As I am typing this, my Algerian husband is downstairs washing up and tidying after dinner. He said I have been at work all day and I prepared dinner. Plus he could see how exhausted I was so he said I was not to touch anything and he would clean up. He has only been here 5 days so this is not usual for him, but he adores me and would do anything to make my life easier. This man sounds like a bit of a lazy pig, using his culture as an excuse. It is true that women do most of the work in the home in Algeria, (if not all of it!), but that does not mean it has to be that way. Marry this man if you think it is right, but accept he will never change and there is probably someone much better out there for you.

dizzy_wizzy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by itsonlyme View Post
    oh and tbh i am abit worried he might leave me, i am in my late 30's and i know that algerian men want kids for sure and they love beauty in women , i think he will use me for a passport and then dump me afterwards. Has this happened to anyone?
    I hope that my words give you some peace of mind.

I have been married to an Algerian man going on 7 1/2 years now. I did the whole sponsorship thing, was denied, appealed, and waited and now he is soon to be a Canadian Citizen. Time sure does fly when you're having fun. I suppose there's lots to worry about, whether he will leave you at the airport, will he leave you after 3 yrs, will he leave you once he becomes a Canadian Citizen... and so on. A person can spend their whole life wasted in worry. Try not to worry so much. Be honest, discuss these things with him beforehand, if one of you is not upfront about something now, you will pay for it later. Be brave. Trust your instincts. Do what you want to do and if it fails it is not the end of your world. If he cheats and lies and scams you, do you not believe he will pay on his death bed? Ofcourse he will ! Just live, and be happy, and work towards a positive future minus the worry.

When we were discussing marriage I agreed to have children even though I had two grown children from a previous marriage but I decided to leave it up to him.
    After contemplating it for 2 1/2 years we decided no children for us. Got my tubes tied - what a relief ! It took 2 1/2 years of me trying to read his reaction to the same question - do you want babies. Finally I scheduled the appointment and he did not stop me. It was afterwards that he expressed his relief was as great as mine.

Lastly, most men in general want children, but we can't say with certainty that all do.
    As for beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder. I'm not stunning but he would be hard pressed to replace me lol Love comes after day and night of serving one another.
    People lean towards the sun, towards positive things, towards happy people, not insecure people. Be secure in yourself and your decision and everything else will fall into place

I was really lucky. I married the best of the best. He might not be perfect, but he is perfect for me. I wish the same for you.

May God bless you with all the things that make you happy.

julie is offline Registered User
    salaamu alaikum i am English and have been married to my Algerian husband for 15 years will be 16 this august and we have twins Alhamdulillah i know a few sisters who have been married with Algerians who are also happy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast