+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    heniko is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Anahi View Post
    Dear Miranda:

I was searching on line about non-Muslim-Islamic-women that married and/or have a relation with a man from Algeria.

I met an Algeria man on 2011 and we took time to know each other as friends. We talked about so many interesting subjects and share information from my country and his country. He asked about my religion and I asked about his. We agree to have mutual respect for my religion and his as well. Our relation like any other where you are knowing each other have ups and downs. But, the good thing is that they communicate with you in a respect manner their points of view.

I met his family and I have been welcome the way I am. Of course, I dress properly in respect of their religion but nothing that I don't have in my closet. After some months, we decided to give a try and start a relation.

When I visit them in North Africa, I got sick and they took care of me so good. I talked to his mother and father and asked directly if she/he agree with our relation. I am a believer that when you love a man you want to be a Daughter for their parents. I want their bless for our relation and not issues. They agreed and they said as long as our Son is happy we are happy.

I learn throughout our conversations the way they live plus I have been researching so much to get informed from different sources.

Is said to say that people "box" other cultures because we think that our is the only good. I tried my on culture men and I can't find what I am looking for.

Like any other country their are good Muslims and bad Muslims. Their are the one that follow the Coran and their are the ones that "pretend" follow the Coran. But sooner or later if you are smart enough to analyze and put them in different scenarios you know who they are before you get into a marriage. He never pushed me into Islam and I never push him into the christian. He pray for me and I pray for him.

I am very happy with him and I am planning to go again soon. I love their happiness and behaviors. I still giving time to know better each other.

But sometimes when I read all these comments I got fear and that make me sad . Then when I see him I see such a different person than what people here said. If you are a mature person as I am, you know when a man is pretending, lying, or cheating. I could catch those in the air. I have done so many thing to him just to proof him, from disappear for two weeks, to do what I want and make him "hit the roof" and he never ever disrespect. He always approach me in a respectful and lovely manner.

I just want to have communication with woman that are having my same situation.

Thanks.
    Machallah so very well written every women needs to educate themselves on men should treat women and vice versa, it is written to us by God. If we follow this then we can't go wrong. And if we find ourselves with men doing the opposite then easy to see the road ahead. I know I'm married to Algerian man been with him now 10yrs and I live in Algeria also 6yrs. Before I was married to an non-Algeria a so called Muslim I wasn't educated then I wasnt even Muslim then I was just a non practising Christian who went about the relationship like any other women does ;;; in the end used, broken and lost. Thank God it didn't leave me spitful cos I wouldn't have maybe found my husband. I am happy to share my experience with anyone in private if they like.

Lady Aminah is offline Registered User

Smile 5 Years on!

Salaam Sisters

I have stumbled across my own post 5 years on! suprised its still here and still being posted on.

I would like to thank those who took the time to reply to my original post "marrying a Algerian Man" apologies for not responding earlier I havent been back to the board.

Anyhow... seeing as I am here, I thought I would post an update.
    I am now + 1 Algerian Husband + 2 daughters (Alhumdulilah)
    I have visited Algeria twice and will be going again in October inshAllah.

Would love to hear updates from the other Ladies who posted or were contemplating, would love to hear their outcomes.

Love to all xx

heniko is offline Registered User
    Machalla nice to read success stories!!! Allah bless you and your family !

ADRY83 is offline Registered User

im about to marry an algerian man but have ????

hi i met an algerian man who is 9 years younger then me... i love him all my heart but im also very scared because he wants us to merry in algeria... n i dont know much about algeria or algerian people can anyone tell me a bit about them?? thank you.

kaz0612 is offline Registered User

Marriage and divorce

Hi
    I went to Algeria and married an Algerian man, I stayed there for 4 weeks and then returned - he stayed in Algeria doing further paper work - he eventually did come back, however we are now separated and seeking divorce.
    I remember that whilst he was in Algeria he said I needed to sign something and as I was in the UK, I couldnt, I do not know what happened with this process but he managed to get a visa and is in the UK.
    Does anyone know what the process is for marriage there, I know we went to the courts and I signed something there, all the documents are in Arabic/Algerian, no-one spoke to me in English and am not too sure what I signed - what was this other signature he needed. Any advice I will appreciate it. Loads

sylvia_aquarian is offline Registered User

RE: I'm married to an Algerian man we've been together for over 12 years x

I have met an Algerian man, of Kabyle background. I just have some questions about their culture and beliefs. I would like to talk privately with you, if you do not mind. You can email me through the site. Thank you, Sylvia

sylvia_aquarian is offline Registered User

Well said

Well said; encouraging for me...:0
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy_wizzy View Post
    I hope that my words give you some peace of mind.

I have been married to an Algerian man going on 7 1/2 years now. I did the whole sponsorship thing, was denied, appealed, and waited and now he is soon to be a Canadian Citizen. Time sure does fly when you're having fun. I suppose there's lots to worry about, whether he will leave you at the airport, will he leave you after 3 yrs, will he leave you once he becomes a Canadian Citizen... and so on. A person can spend their whole life wasted in worry. Try not to worry so much. Be honest, discuss these things with him beforehand, if one of you is not upfront about something now, you will pay for it later. Be brave. Trust your instincts. Do what you want to do and if it fails it is not the end of your world. If he cheats and lies and scams you, do you not believe he will pay on his death bed? Ofcourse he will ! Just live, and be happy, and work towards a positive future minus the worry.

When we were discussing marriage I agreed to have children even though I had two grown children from a previous marriage but I decided to leave it up to him.
    After contemplating it for 2 1/2 years we decided no children for us. Got my tubes tied - what a relief ! It took 2 1/2 years of me trying to read his reaction to the same question - do you want babies. Finally I scheduled the appointment and he did not stop me. It was afterwards that he expressed his relief was as great as mine.

Lastly, most men in general want children, but we can't say with certainty that all do.
    As for beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder. I'm not stunning but he would be hard pressed to replace me lol Love comes after day and night of serving one another.
    People lean towards the sun, towards positive things, towards happy people, not insecure people. Be secure in yourself and your decision and everything else will fall into place

I was really lucky. I married the best of the best. He might not be perfect, but he is perfect for me. I wish the same for you.

May God bless you with all the things that make you happy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast