Algeria.com Discussion Forum - Powered by vBulletin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Mayissa is offline Registered User
    Thank you for the advice Kenza but being half Algerian I do not really see it as a problem!! Anyhow why do you feel that Algerians marry for a Visa do you think that little of us as a nation of people, you really believe there are no genuine Algerians on the planet?

Salam

It seems Kenza Girl has posted anti Algerian crap on various threads attempting to spread her biased propaganda. As if any one would listen. Maybe she’s had a bad experience…………….

Guest 123 is offline Quarantined Users
    I know this is 'the women's corner' and I don't often comment in it, but Kenza Girl needs to consider a few things if she is to escape the warped perceptions spread by the 'School of sloppy generalisations and disgusting racial stereotypes'.

Whether Kenza Girl's harsh words are based on some disappointing personal experience, or anecdotal evidence, the facts are as follows:

Some 5 million Algerians live outside Algeria. These are not, by any means, all Algerian men, in search of Western women. Millions of Algerian women also now live outside Algeria. So, out of a population of some 35 millions, one in seven live outside Algeria. Clearly, most Algerian men stay in Algeria and marry Algerian women. Of the 5 million Algerians abroad, many, many of them make marriages with Algerian partners. And many make loving and enduring marriages with non-Algerians.

So to say, as Kenza Girl does, that 'Algerian men do this or that' based on some personal experience, or on some tiny unscientific sample of the entire population of Algerian males, is lazy, sloppy and inaccurate thinking of the most extreme kind. It leads to the kind of racist and insulting comments that Kenza Girl has made here.

All over the world men AND women make 'marriages for papers'. Asians do it. Africans do it. Latinos and Hispanics do it. Europeans do it. Orientals do it. People from many, many nations do it, for all kinds of reasons. To allege that it is a 'national trait' of any race is a gross distortion of the facts.

It is better to get over personal bitterness than turn into a racist as a result of it.

BeeMyBaby is offline Registered User
    to go back to what the post was originally about - I know it changes from place to place in Algeria, but the town where I went to, they needed about 3 original birth certificates in total (not just copies), which you can easily get from GRO (assuming ur british), and the police also wanted a Subject Access report (criminal record details), which you can get from your local police station (again, presuming your british).

and then back to what the thread has turned into - I appreciate the people above me saying what they are saying, because I am having to deal with a lot of negative attitudes by people judging me as soon as I say my man is Algerian, when to be honest, 90% of those judgemental whatsits have no idea where Algeria is, let alone anything else about the people there. I love coming to this site, because I can finally get some positivity about it all. So I have to thank you all for that.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    to go back to what the post was originally about - I know it changes from place to place in Algeria, but the town where I went to, they needed about 3 original birth certificates in total (not just copies), which you can easily get from GRO (assuming ur british), and the police also wanted a Subject Access report (criminal record details), which you can get from your local police station (again, presuming your british).

and then back to what the thread has turned into - I appreciate the people above me saying what they are saying, because I am having to deal with a lot of negative attitudes by people judging me as soon as I say my man is Algerian, when to be honest, 90% of those judgemental whatsits have no idea where Algeria is, let alone anything else about the people there. I love coming to this site, because I can finally get some positivity about it all. So I have to thank you all for that.

Hi Felicity

It shouldn’t be any different from place to place in Algeria but hey it is Algeria and I suppose it’s how they feel on the day

You would normally need 2 original birth certificates stamped at the Foreign and Common Wealth Office or you can I think have them stamped at the British Embassy – I’m not sure I will investigate this - and also 2 original official translations and again "officially stamped"

Regarding the British Citizen needing a police report I have never heard of this requirement before - when did you apply for a marriage application? Legally in Algeria all that is currently required is on my original list.

Felicity people are negative in general including Algerians it is a world wide issue those of us who are not negative need to switch off so their negativity doesn’t weigh us down and divert our course in life.

Let me know when they asked you for this document as it may be a new requirement that they haven’t informed us about

Ma’Salama

BeeMyBaby is offline Registered User
    Mayissa,

We applied in July, Algiers said that we didn't need that, but the Bejaia area said that they required it, even though they didnt seem that interested in it when we gave it to them, they did originally request it. So basically, we need it because we want to get married locally rather than having to go to Algiers, so its perhaps only specific for Bejaia, but maybe other smaller cities may require it as well. It costs about £10 to get a SAR, so perhaps for people who are unsure if it is needed, its best just to be safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    Mayissa,

We applied in July, Algiers said that we didn't need that, but the Bejaia area said that they required it, even though they didnt seem that interested in it when we gave it to them, they did originally request it. So basically, we need it because we want to get married locally rather than having to go to Algiers, so its perhaps only specific for Bejaia, but maybe other smaller cities may require it as well. It costs about £10 to get a SAR, so perhaps for people who are unsure if it is needed, its best just to be safe than sorry.

I have checked and there is no official law or document that requires this documentation for a foreign national to be married to an Algerian in Algeria in any Wilaya. There are sometimes different requirements from Wilaya to Wilaya however the requirements for marriage are normally pretty standard across the country. As you said maybe it’s something they felt like asking for at the time - anything with a stamp will do - and as you said they didn’t seem that interested or bothered when you gave it to them. I cannot see their logic requesting a SAR police report for you as a foreign British National even in Algiers, maybe they are confusing with carte judiciaries which is a requirement for Algerian nationals and they thought it applied to the foreign national spouse?!?! Who knows but you are right best to be on the safe side

I will keep asking and post on here when I find out official info