+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    BeeMyBaby is offline Registered User
    I just was interested to know if most peoples husbands insisted that their wives converted, and if it were odd that mine did not, none of the various visa issues. Though I think Mayissa said before that visa people look badly slightly at interfaith marriages *eek*.

gn4dz is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    I just was interested to know if most peoples husbands insisted that their wives converted, and if it were odd that mine did not, none of the various visa issues. Though I think Mayissa said before that visa people look badly slightly at interfaith marriages *eek*.
    most of husbans I know (living in Algeria) do not give a big importance to this, when it is so essentiel for a muslim to get married with a believer ..

someone I know who got married with an australian told me that he didn't oblige his wife to become a muslim, he loves her and he always wished that one day she can be conviced....she was too curious and she was reading a lot and asking till she decided to become a muslim...he told me that now he feels that she is muslim better than him ! he is happy for her..

there are many who don't give importance to religion even for those who get married with women from the same country...nevertheless, religion is simply a couple of rules to be respected and applied by all human beings in this life

Bent_Bladi is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by gn4dz View Post
    most of husbans I know (living in Algeria) do not give a big importance to this, when it is so essentiel for a muslim to get married with a believer ..

someone I know who got married with an australian told me that he didn't oblige his wife to become a muslim, he loves her and he always wished that one day she can be conviced....she was too curious and she was reading a lot and asking till she decided to become a muslim...he told me that now he feels that she is muslim better than him ! he is happy for her..

there are many who don't give importance to religion even for those who get married with women from the same country...nevertheless, religion is simply a couple of rules to be respected and applied by all human beings in this life
    yeah! it's much better to become a muslim out of your own choice, rather than being pushed into it for marriage purposes only.

Mayissa is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent_Bladi View Post
    yeah you're right -- and sorry i didn't mean to generalize or offend you, but i'm just speaking on behalf of my convert muslim friends and their troubles w/ their fake husbands and citizenship issues. there are mixed marriages that are true and based on love, it's just i haven't seen many (if any) of them

Nooooo you didnt offend me, but there is often this generalisation from most Arabic women that when an Arabic man marries a woman outside of their culture then its for citizenship purposes...................I mean in Algeria I have seen so many Algeriennes speaking badly of the European women in the street when they see them with Algerian men........its just stupid we are all people and all human at the end of the day.....there is good and bad in the world where ever you go..............I have heard of many Americans and British using people to get passports too.......

Mayissa is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent_Bladi View Post
    yeah! it's much better to become a muslim out of your own choice, rather than being pushed into it for marriage purposes only.
    I was told a story in Algeria about an Algerian guy who married a European woman, she was not a muslimah and had no intention of becoming a Muslim........... he wasnt that religious either.........anyway after her first trip to Algeria she became very interested in Islam and ended up converting......completely her choice, the more she read the more she believed, it got to the point where she couldnt live with her husbands lack of commitment towards Islam - ended up leaving him as he didnt want to commit further to his religion and living the life of a true Muslimah....Mashallah

Bent_Bladi is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayissa View Post
    I was told a story in Algeria about an Algerian guy who married a European woman, she was not a muslimah and had no intention of becoming a Muslim........... he wasnt that religious either.........anyway after her first trip to Algeria she became very interested in Islam and ended up converting......completely her choice, the more she read the more she believed, it got to the point where she couldnt live with her husbands lack of commitment towards Islam - ended up leaving him as he didnt want to commit further to his religion and living the life of a true Muslimah....Mashallah
    i have a similar story --- a relative of mine, she's not so religious - started dating this britsh guy. well he became very insterested in islam and eventually converted. then they got married and mashaAllah her husband is even more religious than her -- HE teaches her what is right and wrong in islam and inshaAllah she'll get better soon

feathertop is offline Registered User
    If I have to marry a European woman, I 'd prefer a non-converted, so that I'll get a good reward from Allah after being converted. I've been touring Europe for about years and met many women, yet never had the idea of marrying a woman to get a citizenship! I got married with bent bladi yet it ...