+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    salma is offline Registered User
    I know this is an older post but I have to say that it seems that everyone is different. If a man is very strict about his religion he 'may' look only for a Muslim woman I would think, or maybe someone he believes will convert. But not always. Sure there are marriages I know of where the husband does not expect his wife to convert. Every one is different. Same with the citizenship issue - sure some are not truthful or sincere and just looking for life in a new country, but that doesn't mean everyone is like that.
    I am not married yet, however, for the record I converted before meeting my fiance. In our case I don't think the relationship would have got off the ground if that weren't the case.

Tasha is offline Registered User
    I don't know why people can't just except that sometimes people from other religions, cultures, countries, backgrounds etc just fall in love. Is it so hard to believe? I am English and fell inlove with an Algerian. We didn't ask for it to happen nore did we wish it gone. It upsets me to think that on face value people would think we are together only for him to stay in the UK. When will they start to look at us differently? When we are 80 and still very much in love? Also why has there always got to be some sorded reason for an Algerian to be with a western female eg visa, she's easy, temptation etc mybe it's just love!?!?!?!??!

Sorry for the rant but it makes me so cross

BACK2MYROOTS is offline Quarantined Users

Mixed marriage

Just noticed your message.

Welcome to the Algerian Family Tasha. People who rush into judging others are misguided and have a lot to learn from life. I say, let the dogs bark and get on with your life. I do not for a moment think that Western women are 'easy' or disingenuine in their love to anyone. They are just people.

Dare I say that such negative attitudes are not very different from racism. They do after all discriminate, don't they?

Small minds cannot cope with anything more than stereotypes.

Of course, there is a grain of truth there, but to generalise and relish in it is plain daft, mean and hurtful.

There is plenty of fish in the sea for everyone girl, and you just happened to catch a special one. I hope you'll find happiness with your partner. It's been a rough ride for me (mixed marriage).

Muslimah23 is offline Registered User
    There is no compulsion in religion. A person must convert to Islam because he truly believes in Allah.

personally, I think religion plays a very important part in marriage and the relationship between the couple. Generally, if a person is a 'practising muslim' then they would seek someone who is similar to them in terms of piety. There has to be some sort of religious compatibility otherwise there will be many conflicting issues especially if it involves children. The prophet (pbuh) also stated certain qualities a woman can be married for i.e beauty, faith, lineage, wealth but faith should overide them all.

BACK2MYROOTS is offline Quarantined Users
    AHLAN UKHTI

The prophet (pbuh) ... stated certain qualities a woman can be married for i.e beauty, faith, lineage, wealth but faith should override them all.

Of course, I've heard this before and it makes sense because it simply states a fact,ie that's what people do. Forgive my ignorance but where does it say in the Qoran that faith is the overriding factor? And, what does this mean exactly in practice?

We all know, Muslims and Christians intermarry without problem (=allowed). So, what's the position for Jews, Hindus, Sikhs and others ? I watched something on TV in the past on Palestinians and jews and I don't remember it being an easy thing to do, even though the couples involved were madly in love with each other, wished to break the taboo and in a small way bring the two communities together.

PLEASE enlighten us!

Hafidhakum Allah.

Shotokan_Karate is offline Registered User

Correction brother B2MR,

Muslim men are allowed to marry women from "The People of the Book" i.e. believing Christians and Jews. There are conditions though which many people are unaware of or choose to ignore unfortunately such as they must not be mushrikoon i.e. those who associate partners with Allah (swt) or a form of such e.g. the Trinity or other religions such as those you mentioned.

And if you understand the differences between the sexes then understandably Muslim women can only marry Muslim men.

The taboo you mentioned is more political and cultural than it is religious if it concerns a Muslim man wanting to marry a believing Jewish woman.

W'Allahu A3lam

gn4dz is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotokan_Karate View Post

.... There are conditions though which many people are unaware of or choose to ignore unfortunately such as they must not be mushrikoon ....

I was about to say the same thing about marring women ‘min ahle al kitab’ (people of the book) …this is correct, and this is a clear point we find in Quran

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast