+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    BeeMyBaby is offline Registered User
    i take severe offence to both the above posts, and I do not see why any children that my husband and I have will not be good Muslims, and more importantly than being a good Muslim, good people.

mohovitch is offline Registered User
    I wanted to avoid writing about religion because I m not an expert… but I think I should write something here.

Those posts represent just their author’s views about what should be right and what should be wrong…. But I my self do not think it is the truth…

I, my self, would like to marry a chaste muslim woman to avoid problems of culture difference … but I must say that I do not agree with the above posts:

In one of the posts, they are saying that a women should be chaste to get married… this does not make sense at all! So those who are not do not have the right to settle down and make a family? In religion, everyone is encouraged to settle down and be as good person as possible.

In another post they say that essahaba did not live with non muslim women, what about “ma malaket aymanokom”: Status of Slave Women in Islam - IslamonLine.net - Ask The Scholar

I think islam is supposed to encourage us to be as good people as possible, and it is above all about justice. God will judge everyone of us based on the environment we were born in… “Eddine mou3amalate” which means the religion is about how you treat other people. Again, I think the religion is supposed to make us as good people as possible and not to focus on closing on our selves and claim that we are the best.

Anyways, this was my point of view.

Shotokan_Karate is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    i take severe offence to both the above posts, and I do not see why any children that my husband and I have will not be good Muslims, and more importantly than being a good Muslim, good people.
    Too bad Felicity. I do not wish to offend and I am sorry you feel that way. Of course you would disagree but ask yourself these questions:

1) You want the best for your own kids, don't you?

2) Will you be bringing up your kids as Muslims? If yes, where does that leave your faith if you have one? Are you not sure about it OR don't you want the best for your kids?

That's why I added: "And there lies a huge test of faith." This is the hard reality, sorry.

Don't get me wrong, I admire you bringing up your children as Muslims even though you're not...(yet inshAllah one day when God's guidance is clear to you)

You misunderstood the "good" part. What I meant was even though both parents were to be Muslims that does not mean their children will be good people, and therefore good education is a must. This in no way means that the children of non-muslim parents are not good. That's not for me or anyone to say but Allah (SWT).

W'Allahu A3lam

BeeMyBaby is offline Registered User
    1) I want any children I grow up to be good, happy people, being either Muslim or being Catholic will not necessarily be the deciding factor, it will simply being following the rules and guidance from either religion (and there are many many overlaps).
    2) Yes they will be Muslim, but I am extremely sure of my Catholic faith, it is simply that I do believe that God is the most important thing, so how you worship Him should not matter, and it is my husband who feels they would have to be Muslim, where I am easy with any of the scripture religions. The Catholic faith teaches that there is salvation not only for Christians but for Jews and for Muslims, therefore I do not fear for any of my possible children.

BACK2MYROOTS is offline Quarantined Users

''Lakum deenukum wa liya deenee''

DEAR FELICITY

Please do not get too upset by the views of other users on mixed marriages. They are merely expressing tentative opinions based on partial, incomplete information. They cannot be 100% sure themselves. Keep your cool and tell them what you think and where you believe they are misguided.

There are more disagreements among Muslims about many issues of faith than you can imagine.

Personally, I live by the wisdom ''lakum deenukum wa liya deenee'' (roughly translating as ' I have my faith which I believe in, but I also respect your feelings about your faith'). It is a saying as old as Islam and it advocates respect, peace and harmony among all the nations and faiths.

My views are not unusual nor unique.
    Many Muslims share them with me.

Guest 123 is offline Registered User
    Al-Qur'an

2 : 62

5 : 69

22 : 17

Shotokan_Karate is offline Registered User

Thanks for the reply Felicity.

We agree on parts and disagree on others.

In my opinion, your two bunch of statements...

1) "I am extremely sure of my Catholic faith"

and,

2) "I am easy with any of the scripture religions.", "so how you worship Him should not matter"...etc

...pull in opposing directions. Unless you have your own set of beliefs by which you follow that might differ form mainstream Christianity/Catholicism but you still label yourself as "Catholic" then that's a different story, and which seems like the case.

You say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    The Catholic faith teaches that there is salvation not only for Christians but for Jews and for Muslims
    That's the first time I heard of that, I'm curious if you do have any scriptural evidence?

Whereas I can say that that is actually the case in Islam but perhaps more so in the past before the Prophet Muhammed (SAAWS) as long as the believing Christians and Jews did/do not associate partners with Allah (SWT) and do do good deeds.

Sorry again for any offence caused from the misunderstanding. I second brother B2MR's above message.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast