+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Joanne is offline Registered User

Smile Love will out

I am an english christian who met became best friends and fell in love with an algerian man. I know he loves me no matter what religion i am. and i know he did not marry me for a visa. Evan before i met him i was interested in islam some of my best friends are muslim and i think it is a beautiful religion. I have not yet converted but i am reading the koran in english i found two fantasic books called the idiots guide to islam and the idiots guide to the koran and i am learning so much from them as well as from my husband. It hurts me that we have to prove our love to the world i know people want to think its all about the visas but people will think and say what they will, love will out and i am positive that we will prove all the negative people wrong! there are good and bad everywhere and lucky old me i got the best man in the whole world!! x

New_Friend is offline Registered User
    Hello Joanne, welcome to the "a.com" forums! And congratulations and many blessings to you and your husband in your new marriage! Yes, your love for each other will be the greatest source of understanding and transformation as you begin to together examine your individual faiths and learn about the faith traditions each of you grew up with. But even more so, from these early beginnings, invite God Himself to enter your marriage and lead and direct you both individually and together as a couple. Christianity and Islam do share one thread quite strongly -- seeking God. Invite your husband to seek God with you, pray with you, and to spend time together studying, reading aloud, riding silently, both the Bible and Koran, the Koran and the Bible. Learn how they are similar; learn the points where they differ; and determine together what it means for your each personally in your relationships with God. God will welcome you both into His presence in this way, and when even your own love for each other seems to get tested, His will still be there. May God's peace and presence surround you both as you wait to be reunited and start your new life together.

Joanne is offline Registered User
    thankyou so much everyone is so nice on this forum all your messages and posts have been so helpful godbless you all and inshallaha my hubby will be home in the new year x

mourad120 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    thankyou so much everyone is so nice on this forum all your messages and posts have been so helpful godbless you all and inshallaha my hubby will be home in the new year x
    Hopefully you will read and understand what's islam all about and get convinced eventually! just go gradually and that you won't convert to islam so as to gain your future-husband's pleasure!

WELCOME AMONGST US!

Maria Anton is offline Registered User

You are so right !

I am Greek and my husband is an Algerian!

By the same time , I am a psychologist with speciality in marriage counselling and parental care...
    It is true that all over the world marriages that take place when they are not based in LOVE and RESPECT of the personality of each other, are meant to FAIL! Their base is fake. It has nothing to do with religion or nationality. It has to do with MATURITY and INTEGRITY! (same religion and nationality and they get married for...money, for example...or for social status...etc etc).

There is no religion on this earth that encourages THIS fake kind of marriage...The greatest SIN is that someone that does this unterestimates their own self and doesn't give the chance to be happy and make more people around them happy too! This is against the LIFE that God gave us ! To be happy and make as many as possible around us happy !

Love and respect to all of you !
    Maria

Motherof3 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Anton View Post
    I am Greek and my husband is an Algerian!

By the same time , I am a psychologist with speciality in marriage counselling and parental care...
    It is true that all over the world marriages that take place when they are not based in LOVE and RESPECT of the personality of each other, are meant to FAIL! Their base is fake. It has nothing to do with religion or nationality. It has to do with MATURITY and INTEGRITY! (same religion and nationality and they get married for...money, for example...or for social status...etc etc).

There is no religion on this earth that encourages THIS fake kind of marriage...The greatest SIN is that someone that does this unterestimates their own self and doesn't give the chance to be happy and make more people around them happy too! This is against the LIFE that God gave us ! To be happy and make as many as possible around us happy !

Love and respect to all of you !
    Maria

What a lovely way of putting that Maria! It's true, whether you are of the same nationality, religion, etc. If you are not willing to respect one another or one party thinks their beliefs are "superior" to the other -- whether it be about the food to cook, the way of cleaning the house, or the way the family will be brought up -- there will be troublesome issues. A woman has to be valued for who she is and if a man marries a woman from another culture he has to respect that about her (he can't expect her to become Algerian), just as she also has to respect that he is Algerian. I am sure it goes the other way as well, if an Algerian woman marries a man of another culture it will work if she is respecting his "otherness" and as long as he respects her Algerian aspects.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7