+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    amalgamate is offline Registered User
    Salaam Salma

Mabrook on your engagement. Are you algerian? We have an old family friend we grew up admiring who is an American convert. She married an Arab man and was my mom's best friend years ago. We still keep in touch with her till this day. Mashallah she's the most trustworthy and loving individual. (we supported her through a lot of problems she faced with her husband)
    It seems as if one fails to conceive
    The meaning my name strives to achieve

To a biological form you cannot relate-
    Because a reproductive cell is a gamete not gamate!

It means to unite, -to become consolidated
    So without me in a.com, is there hope we'd be amalgamated?

salma is offline Registered User
    Wasalaam Amalgamate.
    Thanks and no I'm not Algerian, my fiance is. And you?
    You "supported her through a lot of problems she faced with her husband"? Yikes. Hope it wasn't too bad....

Tasha is offline Registered User
    Hi Salma and congratulations on your engagement

Yeah it's really nice just having someone that can relate to some of the difficulties (and not forgetting to talk about the benfits too).

How long have you been togeather with your fiance if you don't mind me asking? are you getting married in Algeria? I have been with my partner for almost 6 years and just can't wait to get married and start a family.

No we all live in England (they live a 2 min walk away) which is nice. I am English (well I do have an Italian mum) but she learnt english back in Poland when she was young so language is no problem.

You've been with your partner 6 years? wow. and he hasn't popped the question? why the lengthy wait if you don't mind mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by salma View Post
    Wasalaam Amalgamate.
    Thanks and no I'm not Algerian, my fiance is. And you?
    You "supported her through a lot of problems she faced with her husband"? Yikes. Hope it wasn't too bad....
    I'm syrian. Unfortunately yes, her situation was (and currently still is) a tragic one. it seems to grow more than vanish away... May Allah lift the burden of problems off her shoulders.

it's always comforting to have friends to vent to. That's how ppl stay sane

salma is offline Registered User
    Tasha thanks so much. I'm very, very happy and looking forward to the marriage. We have been together about 6 months (compared to your 6 years! Wow! lol) and the marriage will be in Australia. Yes I'm not English, but rather Aussie, but I thought I'd try and sneak in on this conversation anyway.

I think that must be really so nice to be very close to his family. I do hope to meet my fiance's family at some stage but it won't be for a while because of the distance. Australia ia a looong way.

Can I ask tasha, are you muslim? I am a revert of over a year now. Since before meeting my husband to be.

6 years is a long wait and I bet you can't wait to marry and start a family. InshAllah that will all happen for you very swiftly.

Amalgamate are you in an inter-cultural marriage? Also, that is sad about your friend. Allah has said that marriages should be the source of peace and it's a reality that not all will, but still, so sad. You are totally correct about 'venting'. I think that women really rely on that outlet.

BeeMyBaby is offline Registered User
    See, this is a very interesting slant to the conversation. How long did everyone married to an Algerian man have to wait until the topic of marriage came up? I think its shorter than British guys (British guys 1-2years), or perhaps just non-Muslims? I mean, I was told that in Islam (told this by both my husband and an Imam) that it is better to get married sooner as then there is less temptation to sin outside or marriage etc? And it is traditional also in Algeria to have very short marriage engagements? For example I know with my brother in law, although he has been dating his girlfriend for many years (they were at school to together and are currently at uni together), it is not them waiting because they are not sure, it is purely waiting so that he has enough money etc that her parents will accept him, and as far as her parents are concerned she has been single all the time... but if he had had enough money and they both hadnt been in education the whole time, they would have done it already (ie if they had met when they were say 23 rather than about 15 years old). So basically, everyone, how long did it take?