+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    salma is offline Registered User
    In my experience you feel like it's just all about building vocab at first, but once you've got reasonable vocab then you've got something to build those sentences with! So don't worry. It can be frustrating in the beginning...but it all comes together if you keep on at it.

My husband is from the capital and doesn't speak berber so I have no idea about it really. It never to ceases to amaze me though how many Algieran's are bi or tri lingual.

embish is offline Registered User
    Tasha , we met on internet last november ,didnt get to go until july tho as the kids dad was being a pain about looking after his own kids !!!! hopefully he is having them again october half term happy days

Tasha is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by salma View Post
    In my experience you feel like it's just all about building vocab at first, but once you've got reasonable vocab then you've got something to build those sentences with! So don't worry. It can be frustrating in the beginning...but it all comes together if you keep on at it.

My husband is from the capital and doesn't speak berber so I have no idea about it really. It never to ceases to amaze me though how many Algieran's are bi or tri lingual.
    I agree, it's just going to take time (and a lot of it )

My partners also from Algiers but his mum and dad are both Berbers. I have yet to meet an Algerian who only speaks one language

Quote Originally Posted by embish View Post
    Tasha , we met on internet last november ,didnt get to go until july tho as the kids dad was being a pain about looking after his own kids !!!! hopefully he is having them again october half term happy days
    Well I really hope everything goes smoothly and you get to go out there in oct. How do your children get on with him? Sorry I am presuming they have met but maybe not. ? What are your thoughts about the country?

salma is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by salma View Post

Interesting that I said "my husband' - he is actually only my fiance. Jumping ahead slightly there....

Well hopefully it won't be long now so you might as well get used to it

embish is offline Registered User
    Hi Tasha . Well im returning back to Algeria in October for 10 days. He hasnt met my kids in person yet ! but speaks most days with them via video call or on the phone they all get along great with him,he is more like a father too them all than their own father !!!
    I was wary about visiting Algeria as there are lots bad things wrote on the net,but i felt very very safe there. The people there are so very friendly,i dont speak arabic i know a few keywords that all.
    Also the place was much different to what i expected it to be,soo many people much busier than my hometown in UK .
    Im counting the the days now for my return trip

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast