+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    AMRWM is offline Registered User
    Congratulations! We have our appointment at Worldbridge on 22nd Feb to submit the application and are fully expecting a wait of at least 12 weeks. I think our application is quite comprehensive, but is there anything you put in which was out of the ordinary?

Hope you are enjoying married life in the same country!

EnglishBeth is offline Registered User
    From my experience its definitely better if your expectations are for a longer wait, then if you get it quicker that’s a bonus. When we applied in September the most recent processing times they had published were 75% of applications processed in 2 days so we had high hopes of getting it quickly and was checking the Worldbridge website multiple times every day, which gets beyond frustrating when the status doesn’t change for 10 weeks (incidentally they never bothered to update the status of our application even after we got it, my husband only found out when the courier phoned him from his doorstep with his passport complete with visa and all our documents to be returned).

I don’t think we provided anything out of the ordinary for the application, but we did put a bit of effort getting it all together in order and putting it into a folder with an index to make it as easy as possible for them to process. Also make sure you provide lots of photos of you together, and especially wedding photos. Don’t bother putting the photos in an album as they’ll take them all out when you get there. And photocopy absolutely everything you provide (even the photos) as they send the photocopies to the UK and keep the originals in Algeria. We hadn’t taken photocopies of our photos and so they took them all out of the (carefully labelled) album and put half of them in with the photocopies and kept half with the original documentation. As I understand it the applications are processed in the UK so I am guessing the Worldbridge staff verify the original documents have been provided then the ECO’s in the UK are looking at the photocopied documentation when assessing the application (but this is just a guess).

Also we paid a bit extra for the business class service (not a lot extra) and found that to be good in terms of handing in the application, though I don’t think it means you get the outcome any quicker.

If I can help at all with anything else just let me know, I know how it stressful it feels trying to get it all together.

And GOOD LUCK, hope you get it much quicker than us!

Beth

Thanks for your advice. I am in the process of photocopying everything and my mum and I are going to spend the weekend indexing and making contents pages etc! I have put all my photos into a publisher document and printed them off like that, all copied again. It looks very smart as I have labelled all the photos with the names of relatives and their relationships to myself and my husband.

Waiting to have an independent survey done on the house and also waiting for a few other docs, but it is mostly done. What exactly did you get friends and family to write in your testimonials? I asked my solicitor but he was quite vague!

We really do appreciate your time and advice. It certainly is a very stressful time!

Anne-Marie

Hi Anne Marie

Sounds like you are getting on well with your preparations. For the testimonials we only provided one from my mum, she wrote a letter saying she had met my husband on a number of occasions, and that she fully supported his application, and that he was an all round good person etc. I think the more letters of support the better though. In my letter of support I gave some background to our relationship, how we met, how long we’d been together, and some of the things we ‘d done / places we’d been together on holiday etc, then provided a bit more info to back up the evidence provided, including about my job, accommodation, and finances etc. I also put a bit of emotion into it (not too much it was a sob story though) to make it clear how important it was to us i.e. we would have been devastated if the application was rejected.

Hope that helps! It will all be worth it in the end

Beth

Again your advice was really helpful. I got a letter from my boss today and Nabil got some from his family. Also had the house survey done and that was all fine. We have everything you have said in about a hundred different formats. I am going to get the children to write letters of support too as they have travelled out there twice with me and spent time living with Nabil and his family. Think that should hit the emotional side of things!!!

Had your husband lived in the UK before?

Anne-Marie

Yes he had lived in the UK since 2005, he originally came over on a 6 month visitor visa and ended up overstaying for 5 years, but luckily for us if you get married that overrides the fact that previously you didn't comply with the visa restrictions.

algérie213 is offline Registered User

Hi EnglishBeth

Hi EnglishBeth, thank you for all your informations about the visa and i would be very grateful if you can tell me all the documents needed for visa application applying in algeria because i'm living in algeria and my husband he is living in UK. thank you in advance.
    can anyone help me?
    thank you