+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    AMRWM is offline Registered User
    Your best bet is for your husband to go to a solicitor or immigration advisor in the UK. They can be expensive, but that is nothing compared to the cost of an appeal when you have done it yourself and failed. The amount of paperwork needed is absolutely huge, an expert really is the only way forward.

BeeMyBaby is offline Registered User
    I don't think you do necessarily need a solicitor etc, especially if you have a fairly straight forward case (don't know if algerie 213 does though). I always recommend the site ukresident.com, they have a very good uk visa forum there.

algérie213 is offline Registered User
    hello again!
    thank you for your advices, but i want to know all the documents needed for uk visa application applying here in algeria and about the english test new law since 29 november 2010, the spous must take the english test in algeria and here we can take IELTS but how much IELTS score band needed for english test level A1?
    is there anyone will take english test in algeria?please can you explain to me how ?
    please if there's anyone know about english test in algeria and about visa application applying in algeria please tell me all you know and you can email me.
    thank you in advance

AMRWM is offline Registered User
    All the information you need is online. To be honest, it would take someone a very long time to give you everything you need on here or on your email. Go to the UK border agency website to get the address of the school in Algiers where you do your English test. I think the school is professional language solutions. You need level A2 on IELTS, but it takes about 4 weeks to get the results and you can only do the test at certain times.

As for the documentation you need, it makes no difference where you apply, the papers you need are the same. Most people put their application together in the UK and then courier it out to Algiers to be submitted. Our case is very straightforward and I never would have risked it without proper advice. We have been told to put in papers I had never even heard mentioned by other people or on any website. It is up to you if you want to do it yourselves, but as I said before, a few hundred pounds spent on an immigration advisor is nothing compared to the thousands it might cost for an appeal. I think the key thing is that your husband has a good job with a good salary and has somewhere for you both to live.

hey AMRWM
    thank you for your reply,
    please tell me do you have skype?
    i'm on skype now, please could you add me in skype, i want to ask you about english test, please

thank you in advance

BeeMyBaby is offline Registered User
    ukba's website regarding English language (IELTS details are on page 16):
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...s-partners.pdf

this thread has good info on visas, although it starts off by talking about marriage in Algeria: http://www.algeria.com/forums/womens-corner/23544.htm

As I live in Scotland I was given free advice from the immigration advisory service (it was a 30 min appointment with a junior solicitor in which we just checked through the answers on the app) as I did not have a straight forward case.

The final key thing is obviously, proving your relationship through wedding photos, receipts, invitations to your wedding, emails to each other, cards from friends and family, general letters of support, the explanation of how you met, the reason why you must go to the UK instead of your husband coming to Algeria, plane tickets to prove he has come to see you regularly, marriage certificate in the original language and a certified translation into english, any invitations for his family to come to Algeria that you may have from the town hall, skype records, copy of his passport.

And as I'm on a roll.... accommodation, if you are renting, the tenants agreement with a letter from the landlord that he accepts you to live in the property as well, and stating that it meets UK housing regulations on overcrowding, or if your husbands own the mortgage agreement, or if it is owned completely a copy of the title deeds or a statement from the solicitor that they hold the title deeds and that it is owned outright, letters sent to his address in uk.

Finances

6 months payslips from him, from you, 6 month + bank statements with at least £400 spare each month after rent, bills etc (raising to about £700 if you have a child), a letter from his employer, if your finances are tight then a breakdown of his monthly spend/planned spend.

Hey Felicity
    thank you so much for all the useful informations, all this will help all people who they are in this case and i have another question too if you can help me too, it's about english test, they said they accept IELTS, but tell me which score band we need for level A1? because in the site of UKBA they show score band 4 and this is equivalent of level B1 so people who will do IELTS they need to success score band 4= B1 or how much score band they need to UKBA accept their english test?
    please can you answear me please?
    thank you in advance