+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    algérie213 is offline Registered User
    please i need help about this:

it's about english test, they said they accept IELTS, but tell me which score band we need for level A1? because in the site of UKBA they show score band 4 and this is equivalent of level B1 so people who will do IELTS they need to success score band 4= B1 or how much score band they need to UKBA accept their english test?
    everyday i call UK embassy and langauge solutions but no reply, they don't know much score band accepted so i want to know from people who passed the english test IELTS and what was IELTS score and wich score band accepted for marriage visa uk.

hey Felicity

i hope you can help on this and i hope i don't disturb you.

well, my husband is a british citizen and he is living in uk and we got married here in algeria and now he came back to uk so i don't know what we should do about marriage certificate, we have marriage certificate in arabic and also translated into english by a translator here in algeria so i want to know if my marriage is recognized in the uk or not? should we register the marriage in the uk embassy in algiers or should we register the marriage in the uk?

can anyone can answer about this question? i need help.
    thank you in advance

algérie213

AMRWM is offline Registered User
    Your marriage is legally recognised in the UK. You would be better having the French marriage certificate as well, plus your French family book. You cannot register your marriage anywhere in the UK or with the British Embassy in Algiers; there is no need to. You can lodge your marriage certificate with the General Register Office in the UK if you wish, but this makes no difference to any visa applications. It only means that you can get a copy of your marriage certificate in the UK if you need to in the future.

As for the IELTS test, you are worrying too much about bands etc. Just book the test; they do not happen very often and I think get booked up quite quickly. My husband scored 5.5 overall and got a band of B2. This is much higher than you need. A2 is equivalent to about 3 or less.

Quote Originally Posted by AMRWM View Post
    Your marriage is legally recognised in the UK. You would be better having the French marriage certificate as well, plus your French family book. You cannot register your marriage anywhere in the UK or with the British Embassy in Algiers; there is no need to. You can lodge your marriage certificate with the General Register Office in the UK if you wish, but this makes no difference to any visa applications. It only means that you can get a copy of your marriage certificate in the UK if you need to in the future.

As for the IELTS test, you are worrying too much about bands etc. Just book the test; they do not happen very often and I think get booked up quite quickly. My husband scored 5.5 overall and got a band of B2. This is much higher than you need. A2 is equivalent to about 3 or less.
    thank you for your reply, it's very helpfull and congratulations for your husband IELTS and hope he will get his visa very soon and he can join you.

hello felicity
    i sent you private message, please reply to my private message

garry10 is offline Registered User

How long it takes to get settelment visa to uk from algeria

Hi all;I recently applied for settelment visa to uk I mean spouse visa but it seems will take longer than i expected ;is any one from algeria applied for spouse visa to uk please share with me your experince thanks

soemboy2401 is offline Registered User

help

im going to apply for a spouse visa
    i would be grateful if you guide me please
    contact me as soon as possible
    allah yahfdek ya khou
    good luck
    salam alikoum