+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    AMRWM is offline Registered User

Missing my husband... :(

So here I am in England and there he is in Algeria. It has been 5 weeks since I saw him and 11 weeks until I see him again. I am completely and utterly miserable without him. I miss him, I miss my family, I even miss his village (and there is nothing there to miss!). Any suggestions on how to get through this hideous stage? It happens every time I come home, but is seemingly getting worse. Surely after 2 years I should be used to it by now??

Ideas, similar stories and online shoulders to cry on all gratefully appreciated...

BeeMyBaby is offline Registered User
    Has he applied for a British visa? I think this time makes you appreciate each other more, and means you are less likely to take each other for granted. You can use this time to organise yourselves in whatever way is required (focus on prayer, working, plans etc).

we are hopefully applying in feb so getting all the paperwork ready now. He was calling today to find out more about the english language test. We had heard that it can take months to do. I really hope that is not the case. Just so hard when everything you do, you do apart when all you want is to be together. I know we will appreciate it more when it happens though. Thanks for the support. It does mean a lot. x

julie is offline Registered User
    its hard i know it took us 10 years to sort out my husband's visa but he came here illegally and then stayed but he had to be careful he couldn't work so i worked and looked after him we married here in the uk and put in an application right away we went through many solicitors until we found a really good one it took about a year with him to get things sorted but it was a bit expensive but after trying for 9 years and not getting anywhere it was worth it you have to tell your self that when it's done that's it then the only time he will leave is to visit his family InshaAllah it will be easier for you and the next 11 weeks goes fast

BeeMyBaby is offline Registered User
    I believe it can take a little while for the English test, but at least his English capabailities are not a problem, its good that that is basically a sure thing, so its just another step, rather than a hurdle. From two years of looking at this forum, I would say I've noticed that those who apply in Sept/Oct/Nov applications can take a few months, rather than those who put in their visa application in Jan/Feb can take as little as one month, so perhaps you are helping yourselves unknowingly by not having the hardest wait. I mean, just now you are waiting to see your husband again, but, with God's help, this is a fairly definite thing, where as of course, the visa is never definite, all though I hope you do find some solace(?) in the many many MANY success stories that you can see on this forum.

Thanks again for all the positive comments. We have had a bit of luck with the English test. He had been told by the only test centre in Algiers that he could do it in Jan, which would have been fine. When he got there today to register and pay, which you have to do 5 weeks before you take the test, he was then told the test dates had changed and he would not be able to do it until mid-Feb, (which would not have been fine!) Luckily he was then told about another test you can take instead of the Cambridge KET test and after a few frantic phone calls to the British Consulate and their visa department, we were told that the other test would be fine, (I think it is a IELTS test for anyone who is interested!) So he has an appointment to do the test on Saturday and that has made me very happy indeed. It is another thing out of the way. I have looked at the papers and it certainly looks like a much more challenging test, but the information might be useful for other people in the same situation. It was the same cost as the KET test, (14,000dz) but it appears there is less of a wait for it. We plod on ever forwards!!

kenzie is offline Registered User
    just wondering if anyone has had a decision on their visas?

My husband submitted his the end of sept and we are still waiting!
    Do the applications go to the uk?