+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Visa success !

AMRWM is offline Registered User

Visa success !

Just thought I would post this little note of hope! My husband and I put in our settlement visa application for the UK on Tuesday 22nd Feb in Algiers - my husband had his passport back in his hands with a visa inside on Thursday 3rd March! Yes, that is just over one week, or more realistically 5 working days.

Needless to say we are both overjoyed and have his flight booked for the next couple of weeks. It has been a very long couple of years, but it feels wonderful to see the end in sight.

My only word of advice would be that our application was incredibly straightforward and I made sure our application also covered everything they could ever want, plus everything they did not need. If anyone wants me to put a list of the contents of our files on here, please ask and I will start a new thread.

Thanks to all people who had advice for us, especially the lovely Felicity and Englishbeth. It can happen!!

Anne-Marie

ummassia is offline Registered User

Mabrouk!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations that is fantastic news about your husbands visa alhamdulilah
    I am just starting this process and hoping to head out to algeria at the end of the month to get married and then submit a visa app
    if you could include your list of what you submitted that would be fantastic
    I am going for a month and was hoping that would be long enough to get married and submit an application but reading posts im starting to think that wont be the case. how long did it take you from applying to worldbridge to get your appointment to submit documents? any help info will be greatly appreciated
    thank you

I'm not exactly sure about what you mean...! We got married in October and decided to put in our visa application in February. We made an appointment at Worldbridge to submit all our docs for February 22nd - this we did online. The only thing I can think you mean is that I know it is changing and you have to do an online application first. We did not have to do this as it only changes from March 20th, so all we had to do was turn up with everything. I really have no idea it will take after submitting an online application to getting an appointment. I would ring worldbridge if I were you.

It took me 6 weeks to put our application file together, organised and copied. Make sure you take a copy of everything with you as they take both the originals and the copies. Your passport copies need to be certified, but you probably already knew that! I will start a new thread about the docs we submitted as it will be quite a long post!

Good luck!

ummassia is offline Registered User
    sorry i wasnt clear, i was just wondering how long it took to get an appointment after you requested one. you're right we will have to submit it online as it will be after march and prop after april so will have to pay the new fees too! im really worried as my hubby's case is quite complicated and the supporting document list seems so vague if you could post your list that would be great as you have gone through it so recently
    thank you

Promise to do it soon but realised when I went to do it a few days ago that I did not have it saved at home; it is at my mum's so will either need to do it there or wait until the original application arrives back on friday with my husband! I know someone else with a complicated case and they had a 7 page letter from a solicitor supporting their application and stating the legal side of things. They submitted the day after we did and have still heard nothing. Will post at the weekend. Sorry to keep you waiting.

BeeMyBaby is offline Registered User
    Congratulations Anne-Marie, thats great news! Is he home safe and sound with you now?

Not quite. He flies tomorrow - 18th - so I have been frantically cleaning the house and trying to get my school work up together. Thanks again for everything. Married life can finally begin!