+ Reply to Thread
    Huda is offline Registered User

Looking for a way to settle in Algeria

assalaamu alaykum

I'm a Chinese muslim who married an Algerian. We are planning to move to live in Algeria soon, so right now I am looking for information of settling my papers there after we will arrive. I've never been to Algeria, so I don't have any idea how I can settle there.

Here are the questions that I'd like to ask:
    1. What are the documents that I may need to take with me? Do they need to be translated and notarized?
    2. Do I need to get them sealed by the Algerian embassy here in China?
    3. I plan to stay there for many years, so after I will arrive to Algeria, where can I go to settle my situation in order to stay?
    4. Which one I should apply for? family visa or residency? What's the difference between them? I don't know how they do in Algeria, because here in China we apply for visiting family visa for my husband, so I don't know if I also should apply for the same for myself there.

The above questions are the ones in my mind now, if I will have more questions, I may ask again.

Anyone who knows how to do, or anyone who is a foreigner there and has experience, please help me a little. May Allah reward you all, Ameen!

assalaamu alaykum

heniko is offline Registered User
    Esalaamu aleikoum,
    It is rather a long process but it is talked about in depth in the Djazaïriya support group. Happy Ramadan!

khouloud dz is offline Registered User

heloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i don t know a lot about embassady thing but i realy would love to welcome you to algers i know in the biging you may have some trouble to feet in but ijust want you to know that the algerian people are very nice and very hospital

Huda is offline Registered User
    Alhamdulillah right now I am already living in Algeria for some months, and I already got a 2 years residency smoothly.
    Thanks for your kindly welcome and replies.
    I think this website is useful and I could make friends through it .
    Hope this website can always keep running, insha Allah.