+ Reply to Thread
    zinasixty2 is offline Registered User

Unhappy Algerian national travelling to Tunisia for marriage to UK lady - is this possible ?

hi,everyone, i am new on here, zina is my name and i live in uk,, i am interested to know if it is possible for an algerian man to travel intio tunisia and marrt a uk lady there(not a resident of tunisia) or can they meet and marry in france.... my fiance wants to marry me ,but i hear it is hard for him to travel to me in uk.. any advise please.

othmen is offline Registered User

salam alaykom

Hello sister precious I think he can not Algerians marriage in Tunisia from all nationalities except Nationality Polish or Ukrainian. And God knows
    bitawfik.

deevine is offline Registered User

Marriage in Tunisia

Quote Originally Posted by zinasixty2 View Post
    hi,everyone, i am new on here, zina is my name and i live in uk,, i am interested to know if it is possible for an algerian man to travel intio tunisia and marrt a uk lady there(not a resident of tunisia) or can they meet and marry in france.... my fiance wants to marry me ,but i hear it is hard for him to travel to me in uk.. any advise please.
    Salam, Hi i am also new here, my fiance and i wish to marry and due to the restrictions here in the U.K. and tough requirements in Algeria i have made enquiries what difficulties ther are for us to marry in Tunisia, the only difficulty is that i am told my habibi and myself must stay in Tunisia for 21 days and we can marry on the 21st day. I am confused how the this affects on our U.K. birth certificate because at time of marriage it must not be older than 21 days i am trying to get the correct information if it is possible to book our wedding while my birth certificate is valid there (so much worry) if this is not legal i do not know how the system will work about the 21 day life limit on our birth certificate. I also need confirmation if my fiance must also stay in Tunisia the full 21 days before marriage to me or if our past time there together in febuary 2013 will be counted as times spent in Tunisia ? Has any one from Algeria married in Tunisa in this forum please and if so can you help me with the information i need ? Thank you all for taking the time to read my post and all ur help is very much appreceated xx I thank Allah for Algeria and my omri hayati habibi xxx

ayliah66 is offline Registered User
    hi there... i want to marry my algerian fiance in the uk...what restrictions are there? he doesnt want to live here we just want to marry here

many thanks

rmetatla is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by deevine View Post
    Salam, Hi i am also new here, my fiance and i wish to marry and due to the restrictions here in the U.K. and tough requirements in Algeria i have made enquiries what difficulties ther are for us to marry in Tunisia, the only difficulty is that i am told my habibi and myself must stay in Tunisia for 21 days and we can marry on the 21st day. I am confused how the this affects on our U.K. birth certificate because at time of marriage it must not be older than 21 days i am trying to get the correct information if it is possible to book our wedding while my birth certificate is valid there (so much worry) if this is not legal i do not know how the system will work about the 21 day life limit on our birth certificate. I also need confirmation if my fiance must also stay in Tunisia the full 21 days before marriage to me or if our past time there together in febuary 2013 will be counted as times spent in Tunisia ? Has any one from Algeria married in Tunisa in this forum please and if so can you help me with the information i need ? Thank you all for taking the time to read my post and all ur help is very much appreceated xx I thank Allah for Algeria and my omri hayati habibi xxx
    Hi There,

My Algerian husband and I married in Tunisia and it was fairly easy as long as you have the correct paperwork. You do NOT need to stay 21 days. I was in and out of Tunisia in 2 weeks. They do require the copy of your birth certificate to have been issued 90 days or less prior to the marriage. If you have additional questions, just let me know!

Best of luck to you both!

sylvia_aquarian is offline Registered User
    Salam aleykoum / Hello!! For all nationalities (I believe, lol): I married an Algerian in Tunisia in 2012 and stayed in Tunisia for 18 days. Both of you will definitely need: birth certificate (must be long form), which must have been translated in French or Arab beforehand. Bring other IDs as well. If possible, bring money already converted into Tunisan dinar. When you get there, each of you will need to go to respective embassy (UN/Algeria for example )in Tunisia to get a letter saying you are free to marry (there is a charge $ that can be paid in your funds or dinar). You will need to do a medical ($); bring a card with your blood type. I strongly suggest that your fiance goes to Tunis beforehand to rent hotel or appartment and set up appointments with doctor, notary and get his letter to say he is free to marry. There is no set time you have to stay in Tunisia. After you marry and get your marriage certificate, it will have to be translated in English or official language in your country, as you will need a copy of it for your application to sponsor him, if applicable. You will have to go to a few ministries and back to your embassy (another charge $) to have them stamp the translated marriage certificate. Tips: Carry toilet paper in your purse (a lot of places do not supply it), rent an appartment rather a hotel, take taxi buses rather than regular taxis. Do not wear clothing that show clevage or any short skirts, etc. Before marrying, you may have to rent 2 rooms as a lot of hotels/appartments do not allow couples to stay together if not married. If you need more info. just send me a message! Good luck!!