+ Reply to Thread
    Ladydove is offline Registered User

Marrying my Algerian fiance in the UK.

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has any advice please. I'm planning to marry my Algerian fiancé next year in the Spring in the UK. It's been really difficult trying to plan things to be honest. I believe he can apply for a Marriage visa because of me not meeting the income threshold, but then leave after 6 months. This, meaning we would be apart until he can reapply to be with me here, if I find a good job. We could live here or in Algeria or anywhere!! But taking one step at a time, we are trying to marry first. Any advice from someone in the same position would be helpful. Thanks

BeeMyBaby is offline Registered User
    To be honest it may be better to organise getting married in Algeria than risk being rejected for a UK visa, and having a black mark against him another time. Sometimes its easier to be apart for a few months whilst you get yourself organised (and get a job meeting the minimum wage requirement) than to risk it all, and then increase your probability of future refusals as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeMyBaby View Post
    To be honest it may be better to organise getting married in Algeria than risk being rejected for a UK visa, and having a black mark against him another time. Sometimes its easier to be apart for a few months whilst you get yourself organised (and get a job meeting the minimum wage requirement) than to risk it all, and then increase your probability of future refusals as well.
    Thanks for your reply. It's just that we have plans to marry here in the UK. I'm not sure if you would know this, but if he does marry then return to Algeria after 6 months, can he still apply for a long term visa? I'm assuming he can?

BeeMyBaby is offline Registered User
    Yes, of course. However the UK visa office will note that he would not be successful with your current wage and will most probably looking more closely on whether he is likely to return to Algeria after the six months, and on that note, they may refuse him entry in the first place. You will need to show he has ties to Algeria, studies or a job etc, which is difficult if he is planning to just leave it all for six months. I'm not trying to be negative, more realistic - sometimes its better not to ask in the first place than get a no which may cloud any future decision they make.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeMyBaby View Post
    Yes, of course. However the UK visa office will note that he would not be successful with your current wage and will most probably looking more closely on whether he is likely to return to Algeria after the six months, and on that note, they may refuse him entry in the first place. You will need to show he has ties to Algeria, studies or a job etc, which is difficult if he is planning to just leave it all for six months. I'm not trying to be negative, more realistic - sometimes its better not to ask in the first place than get a no which may cloud any future decision they make.
    Hmmm, thanks. He has proof that he is working because he works for himself. There's so much to think about!! I'm planning to return with him if I can after the wedding for a few weeks. Thanks for your help.