+ Reply to Thread
    radban7767 is offline Registered User

American girl met an Algerian on facebook. Questions

So i have about 4900 friends on Facebook because i network a lot as i am in the real estate business. somehow through a suggested friend list an Algerian guy found me.

i was married before for 7 years to a Palestinian man,k i am attractive and i have a kid. i think because i speak a little french and Arabic and he saw i was married before to a Arabic guy. i have been to the mid-east many times and lived there Dubai, Beirut...etc...
    i think it peaked his interest. i am not sure.

never paid much attention to his friend request as he was in Algeria lol. For 4 months he would message me and i would never reply. the last month he got a little more presistent and shot me a message that popped up on me screen in all caps "PLEASE TALK TO ME PLEASE LOL INSHALLAH I AM WAITING".

from his all caps message i replied "WHAT DO YOU WANT!????" He said "just you and some of your time". so ever since we have been talking for 1 and half month. Skype, pictures, calls, Facebook...i think i am in love lool. he works at a hotel in Algiers and is a chef of some sort. i am 28 he is 27.
    here are my questions: he gets edgy when i ask too many questions. is this typical?
    he is already talking about marriage. i said woooah are you just looking for papers or me? he said no that he doesn't care if we live in Algeria and that he could have pursued less attractive women if he wanted that for more of an actual chance at american papers. what do you guys think? how do i know if he loves me truly? any signs?

he calls me all the time to say he misses me. he says he feels something for me like a soul mate connection. lol i know this is so corny my skin is crawling lol. however i feel it too. like i know what he is thinking and we "get" each other even though my french is not excellent and his English not the best. he has sent me pics of his family. one thing that concerns me though is that his Facebook shows he was in a relationship just a few months ago and then he put some sad status about breaking up. i asked what happened and he wont talk other than saying she was a party girl. i was like um ok. he wants me to come to Algiers and meet his family.he even spoke with my brother that he really likes me and isnt seeking anything for his benefit.

sylvia_aquarian is offline Registered User

re: American girl met an Algerian on facebook

Usually, anybody would say what he wants to get serious with you so fast, has strong feelings already, blah blah blah...

But I too met an algerian through fb (are you interested). We skyped/fb/emailed/etc. almost every day since then. We fell in love. We married 5 months later, in 2012. Sponsorship took just under 5 months. Crazy eh? We are meant for each other. We just felt it - soul mates you can say. Of course, I naturally had doubts, knowing where he is from (Algeria).

But he answered all of my questions, even if he thought I may not like some of his answers. He was and still is very honest and open. He never got edgy. Everything he had told me about himself, was true.

If he is genuine, I would demand, spontaneously, to have all of his passwords to his accounts (FB, hotmail, skype, etc.) - it is a start. As u know, there are many scammers out there and, I really hate to say it, most of them from these countries are.

Sorry, but if any person is edgy to answer questions, they are most likely hiding something. I had my hubby scan and email all his diplomas, cv, etc., and he did it without hesitation. I met a brother, nephew, and his mom on Skype before going over to marry. Is he a berber? Anyway, feel free to ask me questions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by radban7767 View Post
    So i have about 4900 friends on Facebook because i network a lot as i am in the real estate business. somehow through a suggested friend list an Algerian guy found me.

i was married before for 7 years to a Palestinian man,k i am attractive and i have a kid. i think because i speak a little french and Arabic and he saw i was married before to a Arabic guy. i have been to the mid-east many times and lived there Dubai, Beirut...etc...
    i think it peaked his interest. i am not sure.

never paid much attention to his friend request as he was in Algeria lol. For 4 months he would message me and i would never reply. the last month he got a little more presistent and shot me a message that popped up on me screen in all caps "PLEASE TALK TO ME PLEASE LOL INSHALLAH I AM WAITING".

from his all caps message i replied "WHAT DO YOU WANT!????" He said "just you and some of your time". so ever since we have been talking for 1 and half month. Skype, pictures, calls, Facebook...i think i am in love lool. he works at a hotel in Algiers and is a chef of some sort. i am 28 he is 27.
    here are my questions: he gets edgy when i ask too many questions. is this typical?
    he is already talking about marriage. i said woooah are you just looking for papers or me? he said no that he doesn't care if we live in Algeria and that he could have pursued less attractive women if he wanted that for more of an actual chance at american papers. what do you guys think? how do i know if he loves me truly? any signs?

he calls me all the time to say he misses me. he says he feels something for me like a soul mate connection. lol i know this is so corny my skin is crawling lol. however i feel it too. like i know what he is thinking and we "get" each other even though my french is not excellent and his English not the best. he has sent me pics of his family. one thing that concerns me though is that his Facebook shows he was in a relationship just a few months ago and then he put some sad status about breaking up. i asked what happened and he wont talk other than saying she was a party girl. i was like um ok. he wants me to come to Algiers and meet his family.he even spoke with my brother that he really likes me and isnt seeking anything for his benefit.

sylvia_aquarian is offline Registered User
    Sorry, I meant to say Anybody WHO would say THAT he wants to get serious with u so fast, already has strong feelings, blah, blah, blah, is most likely looking for papers....

(I cannot seem to be able to edit my post, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by sylvia_aquarian View Post
    Usually, anybody would say what he wants to get serious with you so fast, has strong feelings already, blah blah blah...

But I too met an algerian through fb (are you interested). We skyped/fb/emailed/etc. almost every day since then. We fell in love. We married 5 months later, in 2012. Sponsorship took just under 5 months. Crazy eh? We are meant for each other. We just felt it - soul mates you can say. Of course, I naturally had doubts, knowing where he is from (Algeria).

But he answered all of my questions, even if he thought I may not like some of his answers. He was and still is very honest and open. He never got edgy. Everything he had told me about himself, was true.

If he is genuine, I would demand, spontaneously, to have all of his passwords to his accounts (FB, hotmail, skype, etc.) - it is a start. As u know, there are many scammers out there and, I really hate to say it, most of them from these countries are.

Sorry, but if any person is edgy to answer questions, they are most likely hiding something. I had my hubby scan and email all his diplomas, cv, etc., and he did it without hesitation. I met a brother, nephew, and his mom on Skype before going over to marry. Is he a berber? Anyway, feel free to ask me questions, etc.

radban7767 is offline Registered User
    I dont know if he is berber ? Well i asked nicely to have his password he said that is crazy. I dont know ... Now he says he wants to meet me but to come to algeria he will have to file a visa for me and for him to come to america he will have to have visa. So his plan is that we meet in france because i wont need a visa and he has a visa for france. Also he admitted that his family wants him to marry his cousin. He swears he likes me and doesn't want money or american papers. He has never asked for anything. He said he is tired of me not believing him. I asked when we could meet he said he just took vacation from work so his next vacation isnt in 6 months. He said he promises to meet me then in france. I asked if he loved his cousin he said no. Wtf am i doing?