Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the information.

Comment

That was really nice to see, can see the highly cultural side of Algeria at the time. Loved it, keep it up all and thanks wAllah yjzeekom kher al jazaaaaaaaa for all that ^_^

Comment

This is the map of Algeria in 1650s:

Enlarged copy:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7657/map1j.jpg

I will post more details later.

The size of the file is 1.8Mb, so I could not upload the image full-sized directly

Comment

This is another picture of the same map, I m not sure which one is better:

Enlarged copy:

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/3352/map2f.jpg

Comment

The map of Algeria is from a world atlas published in 1665 by Joan Blaeu (in Amsterdam). The atlas comprised 594 maps in 11 volumes. It was the largest and most expensive book of the 17 century. I have the copy of a volume and obviously not the original one.

The maps, above, were made by hand in Vienna.

Comment

Wow! Thank you so much br Mohovitch. That's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Jazaireya4ever View Post
                That was really nice to see, can see the highly cultural side of Algeria at the time. Loved it, keep it up all and thanks wAllah yjzeekom kher al jazaaaaaaaa for all that ^_^
                Baraka Allahu fiki ya Jazaireya!

Comment

No Problem Shotokan, I was encouraged by the goal of Antar Yahia to do something for Algeria, so I finally posted the map... and there are some people here who thinks that football should be haram!

I did not want to watch the game live but later I watched it 3 times and every day I watch the goal at least three times. It is very motivating.... Football is just a game when we lose but not when we win.

Comment

Antar Yahia!!

Wow that Goal!!! I noticed my brother doing the same, each time I find the link with Hafid Deradji' comments open when he connects! and I watch it after him again and again! It was so powerful and beautiful!! I prefered to put my head-phones to listen to other things when the match started I watched the match later ..I knew when we scored a goal! and at the end that we won!! the noise outside was louder!!

SK I know it’s not sport thread, back to the topic

I found this video about ‘une Decouverte de ruines’ in Algiers
                    Last edited by gn4dz; 8th December 2009, 00:28.

Comment

Algerian soldiers ('Spahis') cooking their meal in a village in Oise, France, 1917
                      (Autochrome color picture by Jean-Baptiste Tournassoud)

Comment

Algerian soldiers in the village of Noyon, Northern France, during the First World War

Comment

Algerians, serving in the French army during the First World War

American picture, made by photographers of the Underwood & Underwood Agency.
                          The caption reads that these soldiers are nicknamed Terrible Turcos.
                          The term Turcos was used not just for people from Turkey, but also for North-Africans.
                          On the reverse of this card there is another text:
                          "These soldiers are impetuous fighters, and the difficulty the French generals find in their employment
                          is to hold them back at times when to charge the enemy is foolhardy."

Comment

Comment

Portrait of an Algerian Fusilier, 1916
                              (Autochrome color picture by Jean-Baptiste Tournassoud)

Comment

An Algerian soldier on sentry duty, 1917

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X