Male name Meaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Male name Meaning?

I heard that Zidane is a Algerian name? I was wondering if someone can tell me the meaning of this name? and what is the root of the name - ie arabic, french?

thanks

Ma'Salaama

Faiza

Originally posted by Faiza_Mir
    I heard that Zidane is a Algerian name? I was wondering if someone can tell me the meaning of this name? and what is the root of the name - ie arabic, french?

thanks

Ma'Salaama

Faiza
    Hello Faiza,

Zidane is rather a Last Name in Algeria I believe it's typical to Algeria as I never heard of this name somewhere else Take care.

MM

Comment

I dont think its typical Algerian. There is an Egyptian soccer player named Zidan (same word). It has a meaning which i dont know at the moment.

Comment

This can be an interpretation:
        Zidane comes from Zaydane which comes from the verb: "Zada" in arabic means "to add".
        In arabic to form an adjective you can add "..ane" to some verbs such as:
        Rahama is a verb, Rahmane is the adjective.
        Kassala is a verb, Kasslane is the adjective.

so : Zada (means add) is the verb, "Zaydane" or "Zidane" is the adjective (meaning adding).

Which implies that "Zidane" means "adding"

His first name is" Zineddine" which means in arabic: "the beauty of the religion".

Hope it helps

Houari_DZ

P.S A lot of Algerian last names have no meaning just like the western ones , but all the first names have a clear meaning.
        Les miroirs feraient bien de reflechir avant de renvoyer les images

Comment

Originally posted by Houari_DZ
          This can be an interpretation:
          Zidane comes from Zaydane which comes from the verb: "Zada" in arabic means "to add".
          In arabic to form an adjective you can add "..ane" to some verbs such as:
          Rahama is a verb, Rahmane is the adjective.
          Kassala is a verb, Kasslane is the adjective.

so : Zada (means add) is the verb, "Zaydane" or "Zidane" is the adjective (meaning adding).

Which implies that "Zidane" means "adding"

His first name is" Zineddine" which means in arabic: "the beauty of the religion".

Hope it helps

Houari_DZ

P.S A lot of Algerian last names have no meaning just like the western ones , but all the first names have a clear meaning.
          Sahit Houari,

I have two first names and they mean nothing Etthala Khaliss.

MrMean

Comment

Sahhit Herr Mean, Thanks for the feedback
            you're absolutely right, I agree with you that there are some pure Algerian names without meaning:
            Tasa3ditt, Khaddoudja, Dja3far, Houari..
            But I meant that most of the first names have meanings.
            Tell me what are your two first names and I would reveal their meanings
            Ghir Binatna

Houari_DZ

Comment

you're absolutely right, I agree with you that there are some pure Algerian names without meaning:
              Ghir Binatna

Houari_DZ

Hakda ya Houari!! Habit tbassini m3a El Houkouma? Enjoy your Week End.

MrMean

PS: Houari it could have meaning because our former president was named Houari Boumediene. Maybe your parents named you after him

Comment

Originally posted by MrMean_
                PS: Houari it could have meaning because our former president was named Houari Boumediene. Maybe your parents named you after him [/B]
                I guess he's from the west of algeria, right houari?
                When you go to Oran(Wahran) most of the names are Hourai or Hoouaria. Muah.

Comment

[/B]
                  Houkouma is busy with great things and doesnt read at all.

Comment

[/B]PS: Houari it could have meaning because our former president was named Houari Boumediene. Maybe your parents named you after him [/B]
                    LOL, I was not born after Boumedien died, I am not young as Abdu23 LOL, Rani Sh'reft, T'7attni Felcocota seb3a swaye3 man'tibsh

Aya, Etthalla Khaliss

P.S Khaliss is a nice name, but it has no meaning anyways

Comment

Originally posted by lazzhar

Houkouma is busy with great things and doesnt read at all. [/B]
                      You're right Lazhar, they should be busy with "Les contenaires".

Houari_DZ

Comment

Originally posted by lazzhar

Houkouma is busy with great things and doesnt read at all.
                        You're right Lazhar, they should be busy with "Les contenaires".

Houari_DZ [/B]
                        lol@"Les Contenaires"

Comment

Zidane is not arabic but, Amazigh for "pleasent, nice."

Zidane does not come from the Arabic "Zid" to add or the adjective suffix -ane as this would render a translation into English of "Additional/additive" which is the adjective of "to add."
                          This would not make sense as a family last name as they generally refer to regions/tribes, former family professions, or family nicknames (I.e. "Mcgregor" [tribe], "Fisher" [family profession], Caesars' killer "Brutus" [family nickname]. Therefore, the family name "additive" sounds implausibly silly.

However Zidane is a well attested word in the region the famous soccer player is from , Kabylie, where in the local dialect of Thamazigth (a pre-arabic language) it means "pleasent, nice." I recently encountered a Moroccan store owner who informed me the term was the same in the Thamazighth speaking regions in Morocco.

For this "Amazigh" or "Maghrebi" name to be found in Egypt is unsurprising as their has been much population flow from the Maghreb to Egypt beginning in the pre-dynastic era of Egypt. Similarly other Amazigh names pop up in Egypt and the Levant such as "Al-Zenati" refering to a past tribal confederation in Mediterranean Northwest Africa.

In summation the name Zidane is not arabic but of the closely related Amazigh language Thamazighth, in which Zidane means pleasent, nice.
                          For more on Algeria's Amazigh roots see the Mazighen (plural) page on wikipedia
                          Berber people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Houari is likely a misunderstanding of an Amazigh word "Wehera" meaning of the lion, that was transliterated into arabic as "Houara" which in arabic I believe means "more than fair." Its use today as mentioned is thought to come from Houari Boumediene, however he took this name from one Sidi Al-Houari the Patron saint of Oran and his last name from Sidi Boumediene the Saint of Tlemcen. Both of these saints were revered in the region Houari Boumediene commanded during the Revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Houari_DZ View Post
                              Ghir Binatna

Houari_DZ

If we don't know some Algerian names meaning, we don't have the right to say "they are without meaning" , because every name has a meaning

"Tasa3ditt" = the Berber form of "Sa3dia" just like "Qbaylia"(Ar)==>"Taqbaylit"(Berber) & Sa3dia or Saadia comes from "Sa3d" or Saad which means "Happiness" so Sa3dia= Happy, Glad... The foster-mother and wetnurse of Muhammad (pbuh) Halima was best known as Halima Saadia

"Khaddoudja" "Khaddoudj" or even "Khedawedj"= Diminutive of "Khadidja" (Arabic : Fa3ila becomes "Fa33oula" or "Fa33oul" or" Fewa3el" lol) (like Aicha=> Aouicha, Aouaouech, Aichouch...etc) Khadidja means "born in the seventh month ( premature baby)" , Muhammad (pbuh) wife and the first person who converted to Islam & believed the prophet is Khadidja bint Khouiled....

Dja3afar!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Probably you don't know Ja’far ibn Abi Talib also known as Ja’far al-Tayyar, who was a companion of the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and an older brother of Ali. (He's Muhammad (pbuh) cousin, I think that you know "Ali Ibn Talib" !! Ja'far is his brother!! one of the most marvellous men in Islam...)
                              About it's meaning, Ja'far = the prolific river

"Houari" comes from "Houara", Houara (Arabic: هوارة‎) is a Berber tribe spread widely in the North Africa , Ibn Khaldoon wrote a lot about it...so Houari is SIMPLY a person from Houara, I think that's not you're real name as you don't know till now its meaning

But I've understood what you meant...
                              Yours, are bad exemples, because they all don't have bad meanings ,,,I think that you would choose " Faroudja, Akli, Ma7roug Erras, Meskhouta, Behloul" ...etc Those,...oh my God!! Why parents gave their children such names!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X