Munich

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Munich

The new Munich film is coming out and I would be interested to know what it was all about. I know the basic gist but like I say BASIC.

Munich: Operation Bayonet

With Steven Spielberg's film Munich about to hit cinemas, this documentary examines the real story behind the Israeli Mossad unit, Operation Bayonet, responsible for Israel's retaliation against the Palestinian Black September terrorist organization, following the 1972 massacre of eleven Israeli athletes at the Munich Olympics. This film revisits the actual scenes of the operations with the Mossad agents responsible, as well as presenting the personal accounts of CIA operatives.

Time: 23:20 to 00:10 (50 minutes long).
    When: Tuesday 24th January on BBC 2

Munich: Mossad's Revenge

In September 1972, at the Olympic Games in Munich, 11 Israeli athletes were killed after being taken hostage by Palestinian terror group Black September. It was an event that shook the world, nowhere more so than in Israel, where grief swiftly turned to anger.

Time: 22:00 to 23:05 (1 hour and 5 minutes long).
    When: Thursday 26th January on Channel 4

Comment

Thanks allot, now thats service

You should set up a website which purely notes programs of interest to likeminded people. Politics, Middle East, Religion etc...

Comment

Salam El Henni,

Here is a review of the movie from someone with an intimate understanding of the context of events taking place at the time of the Munich incident:

http://angryarab.blogspot.com/2005/1...zation-of.html

As As'ad Abukhalil has a tendency to avoid paragraphs it can be hard work wading through all that text, a more reader-friendly version of that post can be found here:

http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/chan...contentid=3088

"Spielberg is plainly nervous about the impulse behind this film, which is why he tosses in wisecracks, further flashbacks to Munich, soft chats between Avner and his mother, and anything else he can, so as to honor and legitimatize a series of state-approved kills. If he had told the story straight, without such hedging, and at half the length, it would have borne far more conviction. At the least, we would have been spared the sight, toward the end, of Avner having sex with his wife while images of the hostage ordeal flood his weary brain. How’s that? Is he fathering new life to replace the dead, or getting off on the sound of German helicopters? What a curious arc this movie has described: starting in terror, and ending up on the very brink of kitsch."

From a review by Anthony Lane in 'New Yorker'

http://www.newyorker.com/critics/cin...226crci_cinema

Comment

thanks allot

Comment

While waiting for Munich, I’d also hope, that one day someone in the calibre of the excellent Steven Spielberg and in unbiased kind of honest portrayal of the Sabra and shatila massacre, which is a more recent event, widely documented.

Of course there are honest contributors who argue in an open minded way that what happened then was actually unclear, and there are many contradicting witness testimonies as who did what!

I understand that there are quite good links from actual well known journalists who were there and were the first to witness the aftermath of what happened.

The link is not provided as it is too sensitive issue and it might offend some honest contributors.

Comment

Facts and questions
              1.Spielberg Jewish, movie about Jewish/Palestinians conflict and events, unbiased ? I don't think so.
              2.It's fiction so not a reference on the matter.
              3.Why do we only discuss the matter when a movie is made about it, aren't we part of the marketing plot? if so this is back stabbing(wink to Houda!)
              4.How come Spielberg never made a political movie about America with no Jews in it? I am the one obsessed with Jews, I don't think so !
              5.Are you Jewish Houda? can I ask or is it offensive?
              6.My apologies to Pomme de terre, few mentions of the word Jew so I suppose it will be a case of scabies for you this time

Comment

99% of the subjects we discuss have not had movies made about them.

Comment

we are talking about the 1% or are you a bit dim no offence

Comment

Originally posted by Maleko
                    Facts and questions

3.Why do we only discuss the matter when a movie is made about it, aren't we part of the marketing plot? if so this is back stabbing(wink to Houda!)

What are you talking about ? You know very well that I'm a Muslimah.

Read what El Henni wrote in his first posting :

The new Munich film is coming out and I would be interested to know what it was all about. I know the basic gist but like I say BASIC.

I posted 2 TV schedules for El Henni that are coming out soon. It's up to us to make up our own minds after watching the programme aired on TV to either email, call or write to the broadcasters and producers to encourage them to make more similar programmes in the future OR conversely if you don't like a programme then also email, call or write to them and elaborate on what was wrong rather than complaining amongst ourselves !

This is what I refer to as Media Jihad or otherwise as Jihad al kalam.

So let's not just be couch potatoes - let's monitor what is being broadcast and make a positive change !

Comment

we are talking about the 1% or are you a bit dim no offence
                      No offence. Seeing as Amino has taken a mellow approach to his writing I should follow.

Your entitled to your opinion and your right to call me dim. Thankyou for expressing your opinion of me, it is noted and I will know from now onwards that you feel I am dim. Thankyou again.

Wassalamu Alaikum Warahmat Allahi Ta'ala Wabarakatuh Maleko my brother in Islam.

Comment

Facts and questions
                        1.Spielberg Jewish, movie about Jewish/Palestinians conflict and events, unbiased ? I don't think so.
                        4.How come Spielberg never made a political movie about America with no Jews in it? I am the one obsessed with Jews, I don't think so !
                        6.My apologies to Pomme de terre, few mentions of the word Jew so I suppose it will be a case of scabies for you this time

I think it’s too offensive to even ask people where they’re from.
                        I understand that it is better keep it anonymous, so that people can express themselves without being labelled, which in many cases might discredit in the mind of other un- honest contributors (hardly noticed one).

I also believe that Mr Steven Spielberg is an excellent movie director, who brought us many thrills and chills through his honest and excellent unmatchable talent.
                        I’m sure that one day he will think about making movies that are close to the hearts of people who are actually suffering day and night, while we’re posting.

It’s just a matter of inspiration, but it’s not true that just because he is a J** must mean that he is biased; most of his movies actually are based on facts except of course star wars

They’re generally a truthful portrayal of historical important events especially for people coming from Arab countries.

I had tears in eyes when I saw saving Private Ryan, a very painful and emotional movie.

Comment

What's your point Amino?

V

Comment

Facts and questions
                            Whaddya know, it's the return of Dumb and... Dumber.

V

Comment

The itch inducing word still working I see...
                              Here comes the non biased dim-wit running again...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X