Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The latest Algerian film: RACHIDA

Azul everyone,

I saw a few days ago @ the Mouggar cinema (algiers) the latest Algerian film: Rachida. It is coming out in France on Jan 5 2003.

Has anyone seen it hee too? If yes what did you think of it?

I've read about it in the newspaper..seems a very good one !! Hope we can see it soon in Egypt.
    Shayma

Comment

Hey Thamurth;

I saw the film last week and I left the room with a feeling of dipear, as I realize that what KKK calls Junta is succeeding in their propaganda...i.e. disassociating themselves from the terror inlicted on the Algerian population. Terrorism is a political act of control, yet no political argument was raised clearly, that is who and why?
      I can only guess that the film has been edited.
      I was in the room with a bench of friends, and all were were astonished at seing the ambassador (political appointee) standing near Ms Bachir comment, add, correct,...edit..or censor (should I say), sometimes answering questions addressed to her. This was not done at the Algerian Ambassy, but in the theater of the hood.
      A guy who described himself as an Algerian American asked about the above, and he was told that his answer was political, and the film was about "how a person moves from from regular citizan to becoming a terrorist". Go figure !
      I do not like it when KKK uses the word Algerian generically, but I admit "He's right in many other ways !".
      I enjoyed the film though.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X