Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously, why would a female want to stay a Muslim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are welcome to look again at my sources - Ibn Masaud - Ibn Taymiyya - Ibn Abbass - Hadhrat Aisha - al-Qurtubi.

Im not angry at all - I simply asked you to provide evidences because whichever way you look at it the above people studied this issue in greater detail than you and they were qualified scholars as accepted by other qualified scholars of each and every Madh'hab and practically each and every sect.

My reply to you included brackets which has tafsir's within them from al-Qurtubi - you gave me the verses followed by a tafsir by you so you cant exactly say to me that I shoudnt use Tafaasir from established sheiyoukh when you are applying your own personal tafsir.

Stick to the issue and bring correct evidences otherwise its your opinion and nothing more with no basis. I can continue listing other great sources with quotations and books as to the validity of the niqaab as a true and proper Islamic practice with no basis in culture but in Islam.

Comment

In addition al-Albaanee offers us a tafsir here which is contrary to those people who he himself associates himself with and different from his own self professed Islamic fountain Ibn Taymiyya.

With all due to respect to the late Mohammad Marmaduke Pickthall, he was a translator whereas the other scholars which I used had knowledge of several Islamic sciences to such a degree they taught each of those sciences - they are better placed to judge this.

Comment

Originally posted by ElHenni
        You are welcome to look again at my sources - Ibn Masaud - Ibn Taymiyya - Ibn Abbass - Hadhrat Aisha - al-Qurtubi.

Im not angry at all - I simply asked you to provide evidences because whichever way you look at it the above people studied this issue in greater detail than you and they were qualified scholars as accepted by other qualified scholars of each and every Madh'hab and practically each and every sect.

My reply to you included brackets which has tafsir's within them from al-Qurtubi - you gave me the verses followed by a tafsir by you so you cant exactly say to me that I shoudnt use Tafaasir from established sheiyoukh when you are applying your own personal tafsir.

Stick to the issue and bring correct evidences otherwise its your opinion and nothing more with no basis. I can continue listing other great sources with quotations and books as to the validity of the niqaab as a true and proper Islamic practice with no basis in culture but in Islam.
        It seems you are not patient enough to read the above.... Go and read what is written... Or you may prefer to plug your ears and continue to repeat what you are saying....While you are doing this, the educated new Muslim women generation, who are able to see the men game played against themselves, will continue to throw out that disgrace called niqaab day by day...

Comment

I have read the above and it as yet does not refute what I have written. When you wish to have a serious discussion please let me know and proceed with more established reasoning.

Comment

It should also be known that I am before you saying that as proven in the ahadith I quoted it was a common practice for ladies to wear the Niqaab as a direct result of the revelation of the above quoted verse.

I have also stated that to undertake such a change in ones life a lady must feel first that she is able to make this change and with full intention and willingness proceed and wear the niqaab.

It would seem that I am providing the argument as presented by great scholars of the past whilst maintaining that there can be no compulsion in religion, this does not make everything which is commpulsary not compulsary but rather that whilst something may be an advised and even compulsary practice the road to reaching that practice may require many different things, ie. the lady wanting and feeling that she can make this step in her life.

You seem to be the one who is going against a verse of the Qur'an, practice of the wives of Mohammad(saw) and of the wives of the companions of Mohammad (saw). It therefore stands that you are on the weaker foot.

Comment

You can download some of Al Albanee's works from the below link...

IslamBasics
              Last edited by Guest 123; 24th June 2007, 03:44.

Comment

i didnt read any of the other posts so sorry if i repeat anything...

im a muslim women and glad to be one.... i wouldnt for the life of me be a women of another religion...

many of the statements you made are HUGE generalizations... im going to speak specifically abt algeria since this is an algerian forum... algerian women are pretty well off in terms of other muslim countries.. they are allowed to work from home and recieve good pay... dont blv me.. well i come from a family of VERY well educated women... i have three aunts who are doctors... two aunts who are businesswomen who travel around algeria to do their job... and even an aunt whos a judge in the court system of algeria... all are married with children... its also important to note that being a mother is the number one job in the world so a women who stays home to raise her kids is also doing a job !!!

those muslim countries that dont allow women to work do so out of cultural reasons but Islam does give a women the right to work... Khadija (RA), the wife of the Prophet (SAWS) met the Prophet (SAWS) because he worked FOR HER... not the other way around... Khadija (RA) was a buisness women. Khadija (RA) was the first person in the world to become a muslim and shes a women.... the quran, the holy book of muslims was given to Hafsa (RA), another wife of the Prophet(SAWS) to protect with her life, which shows how much of a high status the Prophet (SAWS) put women in Islam... Aisha(RA) another wife of the Prophet(SAWS), used to teach men and women about Islam after the Prophet(SAWS) which shows that women can be leaders and teach even men!!!

its pretty obvious that alot of your understandings of islam has come about from western media.... and that is the worst type of method you can use to learn about a religion... you must do research and you will see how beautiful the Prophet (SAWS) was when it came to treating women...

i would strongly reccomend talking to a muslim cleric about this or go visit a local mosque in your community and ask the women there

Comment

Bang_Bang, honestly, I can't think of any religion I'd rather be.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X