• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YaminaOuchai
    replied
    Converting to Islam............

Asalaam alaikum,

In response to your post, I think that you could receive as many answers as there are converts.............! I have met people who changed their religion because of marriage, and whilst for some this has been a really positive experience, for others it has been a disaster. I think that it can be particularly difficult when a person's sole reason for converting is to be with another person, as they may not see Islam for how it really is, and I've known people who completely rejected the religion after their marriage failed. I believe that things you do, you have to do because you believe them in your heart.........

I've met other people who have converted after being brought up in a specific religion and who searched for something which felt more real. I've met others who have never had a religious bent and who were inspired by Muslim people they met or personal experiences they've had.

But there are many reasons for converting, and people walk their own paths and go on their own journeys........................

I was born into a really good Christian family who gave me a really firm grounding in the Christian religion and who had strong morals and faith. However, Christianity couldn't answer my questions about life, and I went on a long journey to find my faith, inspired along the way by many different people who I met (including a French-Algerian sister and a sister from Sudan).

Suffice to say, it was a really long journey, one of the hardest, loneliest and most amazing journeys that I've ever been on, and I'm still finding my way! Ultimately it has given me great strength, hope, and freedom from many of the worldly things which can hold people so much.

InchAllah I will do good, useful things with my life, and now I have a much better understanding of what's important in life.

Anyway, I'm sure that there are a million things left for people to say on this topic!!

Yamina

Leave a comment:

• nesreen
    replied
    there are many sites that give examples of converts and how they feel

http://www.islamfortoday.com/converts.htm#COTW

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Muslim converts

Muslim converts

Hi All, please give me your view on muslim converts, it is intresting to know how people really feel thus converting to islam,,,, thanks

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X