Head scarf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head scarf

SALAMS to you all, Can you sisters out there give me your view on the headscarf? Do you think it is ok to dress modestly without your veil? I am wearing mine in the west but sometimes i would just like to blend in. thanks:

Originally posted by zaynab View Post
    SALAMS to you all, Can you sisters out there give me your view on the headscarf? Do you think it is ok to dress modestly without your veil? I am wearing mine in the west but sometimes i would just like to blend in. thanks:

wa 3alaikum al salam ya zaynab. Wallah it's entirely your choice. You know of course that it's fard (obligatory) for Muslim women to wear hijab at some point in their lives ... (no that doesn't mean when you're 90). Bas personally, I think the hijab is empowering. I think without it, I'd be more susceptible to doing something wrong bas the scarf on my head reminds me of who I am and my responsibilities. I'm in the west too and honestly, I've never ran into someone who abused me for my hijab. I fit in perfectly with the people and have lots of non-muslim friends - of all kinds of backgrounds.

It's hard sometimes, i admit. Sometimes I wish I can just let the wind blow through my hair while i'm driving to school and wear t-shirts in public. But the more you feel this longing - and still stick to the hijab - the more sawab (good deeds) you get for enduring. It's just another form of jihad.

If I didn't wear hijab, the guys at my school would think I'm just like the other girls - okay to hug/flirt/etc... Even if I told them I was muslim... it doesn't make much difference. But when you're a hijabi, they know their limits without even asking you. You get your respect and you're treated like an equal human, rather than a prospective mate... . Occasionally you get some weirdos that hug you or whatever, bas you can always tell them not to.

Best of luck!!
    ~BB

Comment

Originally posted by zaynab View Post
      My best friends are non Muslims. Catholics in fact and they dress modestly and command respect !

You can blend in with hijab. I work full time and at work I wear a suit. I try and avoid black as possible and dress in lighter clothes. Simply by wearing a smile on your face {but not compromising your principles} will allow you to "blend in" and still be respected for who you are.

Comment

thanks sisters and brothers

HI There , sorry for the late replys a BIG THANK YOU to you all for your replys , i think i was just having a wobble,i am a convert to islam and this coming summer it will be 2 years since i took my SHAHADA and started wearing hijab, although i have been intrested in ISLAM for 10 years, i am very proud of our religion, thank you all, may ALLAH bestow many blessings on you. SALAMS zaynab.

Comment

i'm glad you're "stable" again

Comment

good for u zainab , I think even if u think you could take it off, if u really like it and put it being CONVINCED u CANNOT physically do that.

I wore a scarf recently too and sometimes I would look in mirror and say is that realy me? but alhamdulillah my life has not changed by an inch from what it was before I wore it (unlike what you hear from muslim girls who think their life stops in the west and did not wait a second to take their scarves off once they started living in the UK/US or the ones who blame it on the 9/11 allah yahdihoume lol )..except from the bonus of SHOWING to everyone that u are a muslim and dont have to explain urself about drinking..etc everytime..so people won't bother you anymore and TRUST me, they do respect you more WITHOUT U HAVING TO FAKE A SMILE (JUST BE URSELF) and that's the point of Hijab innit BEING SPESH

Comment

lol!! i like that "being spesh"

Comment

Innit though!!

I like ur chemical reaction, dont forget to put a protecting agent (BOC)

Comment

Originally posted by cheezcake View Post

I wore a scarf recently too and sometimes I would look in mirror and say is that realy me?
                  Mabrouk

Comment

aww allah ysallmak a houda I feel spesh all over again now

Comment

Originally posted by cheezcake View Post
                      Innit though!!

I like ur chemical reaction, dont forget to put a protecting agent (BOC)
                      why does it need a protecting agent?!

and yeah - mabrouk 3ala il hijab --- WELCOME TO DA CLUB... we have our own underground world

Comment

thanks you guys for the incouragement , its means a lot to me, ALLHIMDOUALLAH, take care,

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X