Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Night Televangelism

Best documentary about TV Evangelists I've ever seen

OMG!! That guy is stealing money from people!!! Dang! al $1000 seed al!

but LOOOL at that last bit... when they're at the hospital and shoving people over!!

Comment

The scary thing is that people are actually taken in by these "evangelists".

Some people have a lot to answer for!

Comment

There is of course an argument that if you're really gullible enough to send that Elmer Gantry figure a grand in the post, then you probably haven't read that much Christian theology if you think that's the way to heaven...

V

Comment

Looool!! :d
          It seems as if one fails to conceive
          The meaning my name strives to achieve

To a biological form you cannot relate-
          Because a reproductive cell is a gamete not gamate!

It means to unite, -to become consolidated
          So without me in a.com, is there hope we'd be amalgamated?

Comment

Wait and see what happens when Mike comes up with the "million dollar seed"... you just know it's gonna happen

V

Comment

And besides, atheists are so much more pithy...

Comment

Originally posted by voltaire View Post
                There is of course an argument that if you're really gullible enough to send that Elmer Gantry figure a grand in the post, then you probably haven't read that much Christian theology if you think that's the way to heaven...

V
                It's sad though... I guess the people who feel really guilty about something (and are quite illiterate and stupid) will fall for these traps. Notice how they're shown in the middle of the night... when the weirdos are awake

Comment

True, true. I guess my first inclination is just such contempt for people who've mistaken some twisted religious form of capitalism for actual Christianity, that I forget the motivations. On the part of the televangelists it's profit (hence I'd endorse Hitchens calling Falwell a "charlatan"), but on the part of the congregations I guess it's desperation. It's often the poorest who go for these maniacal and extremely exploitative forms of religion, and I suppose that if your back is against the wall then an easy-sounding set of explanations can sound more attractive than it would to most people.

V

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X