Dr Tariq Ramadhan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Tariq Ramadhan

Did anyone attend the conference last sunday at Regent's Park Mosque? I did - i thought Dr Tariq was really good - i haven't seen him much before, neither have i read his books. But he is really intelligent and practical - i liked what he said, he is very confident in his thinking - i regret that there was an opportunity to ask him questions.

I wish that Britian had more articulate leaders like Dr Tariq - the majority of our leaders/speakers aren't that articulate - the swiss should be proud of him - i read that Time magazine has placed him in the top 100 most infleuntial speakers of our times.

Dr Jamal Badawi was very good and engaging with the audience- Ahmad Von something (the german guy) is an intelligent man - but i don't think that public speaker does him any justice at all.

I did not attend the conference, but I have listened Tariq Ramadan sermons and yes I agree he is very eloquent. I’m currently reading his book : How to be a European Muslim.

As for the German Scholar, his name is Ahmed von Denfer.

Comment

I was at work and could not attend do you guys know where i can get a copy of the audio?

Comment

Not too sure about the audio/dvd - but will try and find out and let you know - Houda - I was thinking of buying that book - hows it going so far? Perhaps you should do a review in the literature section.

He was on Sky news on sunday morning at 9am - i didn't get to watch it - apparently after his speech at Regent's - america has now invited him back to go there! and the british media are now loving him! How fickle are these people!

Comment

So far so good, I've only started reading his book.

BTW, did you read about Dilpazier Aslam who had his contract with the Guardian terminated simply for being a member of HT.

I certainly don't have the same views with HT, but I couldn't believe The Guardian, do they ask their Journalists what their political affiliation or ideology is ? Of course not.

Comment

Houda - I had no idea - poor bloke - your right - equal opp. policy in this country usually means that you cannot sack someone because of their political views - i do hope he has taken legal advice on this - its too important to let go. The Guardian of all papers! I could understand if it was The Sun- but the Guardian - i'm truly shocked on this one.

InshaAllaah something better will come out of this for him( BTW - i don't really agree with much of what HT preach either)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X