~ PROPHET'S BIRTHPLACE UP FOR DEMOLITION ~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~ PROPHET'S BIRTHPLACE UP FOR DEMOLITION ~

I can't believe this, I'm in shock ~ is this for real ? ? ?.

Can't phone the Saudi Embassy as it's a Saturday, but I have emailed them .....

By Khalid Hasan

WASHINGTON: The Saudi embassies in Washington, Ottawa and London are likely to be soon flooded with mail from shocked Muslims urging that the birthplace of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) not be bulldozed.

A report in the London newspaper The Independent, says, “Now the actual birthplace of the Prophet Mohamed is facing the bulldozers, with the connivance of Saudi religious authorities whose hardline interpretation of Islam is compelling them to wipe out their own heritage.”

According to progressive Canadian Muslim broadcaster and activist, Toronto-based Tarek Fatah, “In January 2002, Turkey accused Saudi Arabia of a ‘cultural massacre’ following the demolition of an historic Ottoman castle near the holy city of Mecca. The spat between Turkey and Saudi Arabia barely caused a stir anywhere in the Muslim world, let alone international circles. The Ottoman fort’s destruction is not the only massacre of culture that the Saudis have done in the name of money and Islam. In the 1980s, they demolished part of the two hills of Safaa and Marwah to build a palace for the late King Khaled.

These historic hills were where Abraham left Hagar, and where Muslims during Haj run between the two hills to commemorate Hagar’s search for water for her infant son. Not one Imam or Muslim leader protested. After all millions of dollars have the power of silencing even the most pious. But that is not all. The Saudis are now planning to destroy the very house of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

The Independent article quotes Sami Angawi, a Saudi architect, “What we are witnessing are the last days of Mecca and Medina.” According to Dr Angawi - who has dedicated his life to preserving Islam’s two holiest cities - as few as 20 structures are left that date back to the lifetime of the Prophet 1,400 years ago and those that remain could be bulldozed at any time. “This is the end of history in Mecca and Medina and the end of their future,” said Dr Angawi. The driving force behind the demolition campaign that has transformed these cities is Wahhabism.

The motive behind the destruction is the Wahhabists’ fanatical fear that places of historical and religious interest could give rise to idolatry or polytheism, the worship of multiple and potentially equal gods. Idolatry is punishable be beheading in the kingdom.

According to the London newspaper, “The Wahhabists now have the birthplace of the Prophet in their sights. The site survived redevelopment early in the reign of King Abdul al-Aziz ibn Saud 50 years ago when the architect for a library there persuaded the absolute ruler to allow him to keep the remains under the new structure. That concession is under threat after Saudi authorities approved plans to ‘update’ the library with a new structure that would concrete over the existing foundations and their priceless remains.” Dr Angawi says that the bulldozers could come “at any time” and the Prophet’s birthplace would be gone in a single night. Ali al-Ahmed, the head of the Gulf Institute has said, “The destruction of Islamic landmarks in Hijaz is the largest in history, and worse than the desecration of the Koran.”

Dr Angawi has said, “The man-made history of Mecca has gone and now the Mecca that God made is going as well. The projects that are coming up are going to finish them historically, architecturally and environmentally.” The kingdom cannot cope with the increase in the number of pilgrims and new hotels, apartments and services are badly needed, director of a leading Saudi estate agency told Reuters.

Ahmed does not see that as the reason. According to him, “The service of pilgrims is not the goal really. If they were concerned for the pilgrims, they would have built a railroad between Mecca and Jeddah, and Mecca and Medina. They are removing any historical landmark that is not Saudi-Wahhabi, and using the prime location to make money

{{SOURCE}}

Assalam alaikoum khoya,

This was the place that when The Prophet {SAW} came in to this world the light eminating from Hadrat Amina which allowed her to see the place of Kisra in Sham (Syria)!

Do we need historical sites ? is the answer no ? and is the answer to stop the ignorance and bidah ?

Then my question is it a few Muslims do something wrong, then the whole Ummah pay the price ?

Walaikoum Salam

[Edited by HOUDA-K on 14th August 2005 at 02:38]

Comment

I know there is no hadith or verse from The Qu'ran which says you are not allowed to destroyed historical sites.

Is it not fard upon every Muslim to protect and defend the honour of our Beloved Prophet (SAW), for we will all be held accountable on the Last Day ?.

Maybe our efforts to save The Prohohets {SAW} birth place will please The Prohohets {SAW}& be the reason for our intercession, Insha Allah ?

Comment

Salam
        This has nothing to do with Sheikh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al Wahhab he was a good man. it is the saudis who created this evil kingdom who are at wrong the leaders not the people
        but one have to be very careful not to fall in the same trap. there are many silent calls to destroy Islam and to make fitna between us muslims look what the media say?
        ================================
        How the Telegraph has Mislead Its Readers

"Of particular concern to America is the attraction of Wahhabism, an austere form of Islam prevalent in Saudi Arabia, which is gaining a foothold in Iraq. Wahhabi mosques, funded by Saudi wealth, are becoming centres of opposition to America."

Robin Gedye, The Telegraph

----------------------------------------------
        Sheikh Muhammad ibn Abd al Wahhab ibn Sulaiman ibn Ali ibn Muhammad ibn Ahmad ibn Rashid al Tamimi was born in the year 1115 A.H.(1703 C.E.) in ‘Ayina to the north of Riyadh, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia during the reign of Abdulla ibn Muhammad ibn Hamd ibn Muammar. He excelled over his contemporaries in intelligence and physique and was able to commit the Quran to memory by the time he was ten years old. His father found him capable of leading the congregational prayers and decided to get him married that year.
        he built his worship on Strict tawheed Monotheism
        by insisting on the haddits of Mohammed pbuh when he said
        `You must necessarily tread the path of those who lived before you’.
        `The last hour shall not come, until some of the people of my Ummah begin to worship idols.’
        `Islam was born a stranger and shall return as a stranger in similar manner.’
        --------------------------------------------------------

I understand why Saudis regime would want to do this after all they are they were the criminals who destroyed the muslims empire thanks to the british. the so called Saudie Arabia never existed until ahl saoud were approched by the british to fight the ottmans ( see the first crime in Islam killing your brother is a major shirk)
        but you can say that was the past now we must unite and preserve anything that is Islamic. the fact that certain people claim to stop people from becoming idiolists is absurd and has no foundation but places like North Africa I agree these people make me sick when they visit a dead and expect him to hear them imagine how many people would be travelling to a room intead of spending that time and effort in worshiping God worshiping does not mean praying it means preserving life helping others etc....
        Finally
        Even if the whole Globe get flooded again and everything get lost and new life start from nothing, as long as people can understand that God is one then they will be heading toward the right path. so really knowing where prophet was born or not is not really a major problem. if our Prophet pbuh was born in Morocco I would love to have his place destroyed because when looking at what is around us people are now worshiping stones trees and humans let alone a prophet's place. so many saints in Morocco and so many people still sacrify black animals in order to get a blessing so can you imagine if we had a prophet's place present still??
        my own opinion

[Edited by TheTruth- on 14th August 2005 at 04:07]

Comment

nothing is worse than the desecration of the Quran.
          this is what the wahhabis are saying!

the site should be preserved no question! based on its status as a historical site.

Comment

Audo billah.

So, you’ll love to destroy a historical site of our Beloved Prophet {SAAW} just because you’ve seen a few ignorant Moroccans doing bidah ???

Comment

you cannot compare whatever concerns our prophet (saaws) to any other persons. Besides his being our prophet, this man changed the whole world history and improved the beings of a big part of it. He must be considered (at least for this reason) as a great man and anything concerns him must be saved.

I remember I felt special when I saw his hair and coat in istanbul. I do believe of the baraka one can get from these instants or places (no link with people asking for smth at a grave in tombouctou).

I can't believe somebody (with or without saudi oulemas aggreement) thinks of demolish his birth place...

Comment

Why are you incapable of reading an entire thread ?

Melk anta meshi anna ?

I was replying to T,

[/B]
                if our Prophet pbuh was born in Morocco I would love to have his place destroyed because when looking at what is around us people are now worshiping stones trees and humans let alone a prophet's place. so many saints in Morocco and so many people still sacrify black animals in order to get a blessing so can you imagine if we had a prophet's place present still??

my own opinion
                [/B]

Comment

Before Muhammad died of food poisoning, he called on Gabriel, and he asked forgiveness (did not specify any sin).

I am aware we disagree on this one. But from the New Testament perspective, calling Gabriel is pointless; and vaguely asking for forgiveness is not enough.

--------------------------------------------

There used to be a cemetary called Al-Baki : it is reported that Muhammad would go there at night and ask forgiveness for the dead buried there.
                  THERE IS NO SALVATION IN RELIGION.

"Unless you are 'born' again, you can never get into the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).

Comment

cool....

I'm not denying Muhammad is your role model. I am only supplying a few historical facts, and how a Christian would look at his behavior.

An exchange like this will increase your awareness by sampling other opinions.

---------------------

How do you know Allah promised him the high level in Jannah? Because he said so, or was it miraculously revealed to his wives, or Abu Bakre, or someone else?

------------------------------------------------

Considering many people died for his cause, and by his order, my guess is that he felt a pang of conscience and tried to rectify past activities.

"Unless you are 'born' again, you can never get into the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDA-K
                      Audo billah.

So, you’ll love to destroy a historical site of our Beloved Prophet {SAAW} just because you’ve seen a few ignorant Moroccans doing bidah ???
                      Salam Houda

I know this sounds very extreem let me tell you why
                      If you one is in need of any help. he needs do what the Prophet (PBUH) taught Ibn Abbas the companion (May Allah be pleased with him). he told him to ask Allah directly without referring to any medium.

So visiting the site in order to remember mohammed pbuh is indeed a blessing for our hearts as it reminds us of What he did for Allah swt but sadly that is not what would happen and we all know it very well.i have already posted a lenghty post regarding those who worshipped a dog grave for over 30 years in Morocco so imagine having a our prophet's grave????
                      To remember Allah swt better is to live the life of our beloved prophet 24 hours a day not just on one off visit.
                      our prophet is what we call the noor(the lights)and that light is very alife till end of time.
                      to be near Mohammed pbuh is to follow Aisha the mother of the believers RA
                      When asked about the Prophet's character, Ayesha (r) said:
                      “ Don't you read the Qur'ân?

The character of the Messenger of Allah was the Qur'ân”

“fa-inna khuluqa nabiyyi-LLâhi kâna -l qur'âna”

Sahîh Muslim, Kitâb al-salât, hadith no. 1623

Comment

cool
                        brother haven't you read Al baqara?
                        --------------------------------------
                        deaf dumb blind they will not return
                        ---------------------------------------
                        talking to Theja is like talking a wall

Comment

I guess you'd preffer to listen to Lalla Schaffia in Fez.

Comment

Originally posted by Theja
                            I guess you'd preffer to listen to Lalla Schaffia in Fez.
                            I rather listen to her than to her Shaytan and to me your comments sound like that sorry that is but my true feeling.

Thought you guys might find this quote by Falwell amusing:

"I feel most ministers who claim they've heard God's voice are
                            eating too much pizza before they go to bed at night, and it's
                            really an intestinal disorder, not a revelation."

[Edited by TheTruth- on 17th August 2005 at 02:46]

Comment

Salam

I do not follow no Madhab because our prophet was not a shia nor a sunni he was a muslim and that is what we should all do. i do not agree with Saudi Arabia at all but Islam there feels far better than anywhere else.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X