Was Jesus black?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Jesus black?

I mean we all know that jesus wasnt this white guy with blonde hair and bluse eyes, the bible never described him as that. My friend told me theres a passage of the bible that says jesus had hair of a sheeps wool. Woiuldnt that mean he had nappy hair, which means he was black because nappy hair is the dominiant triat of black people, which means jesus was black. What do you guys think? Could it be possible that he was?
    I ask of you one thing
    Dont. Piss. Me. Off
    Slow Def Soldier

NEW YORK IS THE GREATEST!!!

The Archo Volume, further records a description of Jesus Christ in Chapter VIII -
    Among the various rumors that came to my ears there was one in particular that attracted my attention. A young man, it was said, had appeared in Galilee preaching with a noble function a new law in the name of the God that had sent him. At first I was apprehensive that his design was to stir up the people against the Romans, but my fears were soon dispelled. Jesus of Nazareth spoke rather as a friend of the Romans than of the Judeans. One day in passing by the place of Siloe, where there was a great concourse of people, I observed in the midst of the group a young man who was leaning against a tree, calmly addressing the multitude. I was told it was Jesus. This I could have easily suspected, so great was the difference between him and those listening to him. His golden-colored hair and beard gave to his appearance a celestial aspect. He appeared to be about thirty years of age. Never had I seen a sweeter or more serene countenance.

One final historically recorded description of Christ which shall be mentioned is to be found in a letter written to the monarch of Rome by Publius Lentrelus who was a resident of Judea in the days of Tiberius Caesar. This letter first appeared in the writings of Saint Anselm of Canterbury in the eleventh century A.D.

There lives at this time in Judea a man of singular virtue whose name is Jesus Christ... his followers love and adore him as the offspring of the Immortal God. He calls back the dead from the graves and heals all sorts of diseases with a word, or a touch. He is a tall man, well-shaped, and of an amiable and reverend aspect; his hair of a color that can barely be matched, falling into graceful curls, waving about and very agreeable.... His forehead high, large and imposing, his cheeks without spot or wrinkle, beautiful with a lovely red; his nose and mouth formed with exquisite symmetry; his beard and of a color suitable to his hair...his eyes bright and blue, clear and serene. Look innocent, dignified, manly, and mature; his arms and hands delectable to behold. (Taken from page 75, Appendix B of The Resurrection Tomb, by E. Raymond Capt.)

Comment

Yes and they are all written by white people.

How come everything you said was from rome? Of course there gonna say hes white! You act as if, if he was black they would say he was. Its pretty oblivous that their gonna say hes white abd give him the domniant triats of white people.
      I ask of you one thing
      Dont. Piss. Me. Off
      Slow Def Soldier

Comment

Well considering that Jesus is from the middle east somewhere (Palestine, Lebanon, Syria ??? i dont know one of them i think), i find it hard to imagine him being black. A description of him being white with blond hair is more realistic (easier to believe anyway). Many people from that area are light colored with blond hair and blue eyes.

Comment

wut would it change if he was black rather than white??... less racism?

Comment

Jesus definitely is not blond and blue-eyed. He is neither that Black.

He could be fair, dark hair, and about 5'8" tall.

But thank God no one knows what He looks like. Because the important thing is the message He brings --- "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has drawn near. Repent and believe in the gospel" (Mark 1:15).
            THERE IS NO SALVATION IN RELIGION.

"Unless you are 'born' again, you can never get into the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).

Comment

In some african christian places, their biblical stories say he's black! It seems important for the church to make the worshipers feel they look like Jesus since they're his children.

Comment

Tarzan or Pigmee??

When I see that TARZAN the KING of the African jungle is White with a blue Eyes, am not suprised to see that they must show Jesus as a white man as well.

How come a king of the Black Africa is commomly understood as a white man??

What a JOKE, a pure manupulation of civilized world

F-
                -
                A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
                By: George Bernard Shaw

Comment

theja
                  you are right thank God we do not know . your description of Jesus seems to be the correct one as far as i am aware

Comment

Salam. QR what's more important; learning about someone's character, or their skin hue? Don't put yourself on the level of those that feel racially superior to others outside their race, as they are also consumed with this subject. Dr. King said it best (paraphased)..."judge a man by his character and not the color of his skin". Jesus' message is far more relevant than if he used a pik brush, or was this or that shade.

Take care

Comment

I dont feel racilly superior...IM NOT BLACK!! What gets me mad it that white people and everyone eles in the christian world worship this white guy with blue eyes, then say hes the son of god, makeing eveyone else feel less. What are you talking about TOny Starks? Jesus was Palsetinian, and most palestianan (sp?) are dark skinned??? i Find it hard that jesus could of looked or been white. I know his story, in the muslim world hes a great prophet but what gets me mad is that because of the europeans and the picture of "the son of god" was white, that changed and made for a whole lot of racism in the world. If they showed him fo who is was, WHITE PEOPLE WOULD OF NEVER STARTED SLAVERY! well i guess i should shut this thread down, im happy that some of you took the time to answer. thanks for your thoughts.

-Be safe
                      peace
                      I ask of you one thing
                      Dont. Piss. Me. Off
                      Slow Def Soldier

Comment

Salam QR. I didn't write that YOU felt racially superior, but that you're overly concerned with this subject like those ppl that DO think they're racially superior. Hope I am clear now.

Also, you don't have to be Black to feel racially superior (as you wrote I AM NOT BLACK), or Caucasian, Asian, etc., b/c ppl that have these feelings come from all races---THEY THINK 'THEIR' RACE IS SUPERIOR.

Take care

Comment

He would have looked like most of the people from the region where he came from. We see pictures of him painted by mainly italian artists who used italian models. i recently went to a 'carravagio' art exhibition in london. carravagio was a gay italian artist who used gay models. therefore, all his paintings of jesus are very effeminate.

Comment

Let Jesus look like an Algerian in Algeria.... an African in Africa .... a European in Europe.... an Asian in Asia....

What he exactly look like cannot be determined by any one on earth and I intend to let him remain that way in my mind. Its his message and his mission that we should be focusing on. He said : "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no one comes to the Father [God] but by me" (John 14:6).
                            THERE IS NO SALVATION IN RELIGION.

"Unless you are 'born' again, you can never get into the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).

Comment

Originally posted by queensRebel
                              What do you guys think? Could it be possible that he was?
                              We don’t know and we shouldn’t care!

All Prophets are beyond race and ethnicity. Personally, I feel that by drawing a mental image, one would be placing a limit on them.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X