Hi to all the lovely algerian people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi to all the lovely algerian people

Hi to all the lovely algerian people, anyone care to learn me some algerian arabic?

Hello,

No one answered you apparently. But when I tried to reply, I had many questions:
    - Are you originally from Algeria yourself?
    - Have you learnt some expressions already? What's your level in this language?
    - Are you sure you want to learn the Algerian Arabic? This language can only be understood in Algeria (obviously) but if you learn the formal form of Arabic you can communicate with many Arabs in different countries.

Not sure you'll read this btw.

Comment

Originally posted by irish-girl View Post
      Hi to all the lovely algerian people, anyone care to learn me some algerian arabic?
      just learn french and you will be fine!

Comment

Why not learn Algerian Arabic?

Originally posted by irish-girl View Post
        Hi to all the lovely Algerian people, anyone care to teach me some Algerian Arabic?

Hello IRISH-GIRL and all the lovely Irish people like yourself!

I know this is over four months too late, but I've only just come across your message and language is a subject close to my heart. We could spend hours discussing what constitutes 'Algerian Arabic' and whether it is worth learning instead of some other variety of Arabic. KSANTINA and MAYISSA were trying to spare you the potential difficulties involved when it comes to learning Arabic, particularly the Algerian variety.

I presume you have met or are about to meet some 'lovely Algerian people' and you want to impress them with your Algerian Arabic. You don't really want a lecture. So, here are a few phrases:

* Hello everybody. How are you? = assalamu aleykum, keef haalkum ? /h/ as in Muhammad.

* Wecome to you all = marhba bee-kum, marhba (first part repeated) /h/ as above.

* Are you Algerian? = inta jazairi ? (addressing a male); inttee jazairiyya ? (addressing a female) ; Intum jazairiyyeen? (addressing 2 or more)

* That's amazing! = mashallah! (can be repeated for impact)

That'll do for now. If you want more, invite readers to translate your favourite phrases for you.
        Last edited by BACK2MYROOTS; 22 September 2009, 01:04.

Comment

Why not learn Algerian Arabic?

A FEW MORE USEFUL PHRASES

* What's your name? = wesh ismak ?

* My name is Zainab = ismee zainab

* I am from Ireland / England / America = ana min irlanda / ingleetra / amarika (with rolled 'r')

* Your house is nice = daarkum zeena (long 'a')

* I understand a little = ana ifham shwayya

* Thank you = Shukran

* No = la ('l' as in 'labour', not as in 'laugh'); no, no = la, la ; no, thank you = la, shukran

* Have a look = (addressing boy/man) shoof; (addressing girl/woman) shoofee

* beautiful = zeen (male) ; zeena (female)

* goodbye! = ma-Assalama ('A' as in Ali)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X