Oued el kebir near of Oued Berkou, El Milia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oued el kebir near of Oued Berkou, El Milia

I want to know where is Oued Berkou?, i can't find in google earth, i found oued el kebir, it's because of the mineral Xenotime-(Y), "Located a few kilometers East of Oued-el-Kébir, between Djidjeli and Philippeville.
    Mylonitized greisen sills and veins in metamorphic rocks (gneisses, micaschists, sericitoschists and orthogneisses) at the contact of a kaolinized leucogranite.", it's from the site mindat.com, and what have in this city?

Originally posted by leofrombrasil View Post
    I want to know where is Oued Berkou?, i can't find in google earth, i found oued el kebir, it's because of the mineral Xenotime-(Y), "Located a few kilometers East of Oued-el-Kébir, between Djidjeli and Philippeville.
    Mylonitized greisen sills and veins in metamorphic rocks (gneisses, micaschists, sericitoschists and orthogneisses) at the contact of a kaolinized leucogranite.", it's from the site mindat.com, and what have in this city?
    Salam, welcome to Algeria.com. Mindsat.com is citing a very old source - Philippeville was a name imposed by French colonialists, it is known as Skikda now. Similarly, Djidjeli is known as Jijel today. Some placenames changed when Algeria won its independence. I will see if I can trace Oued Berkou for You.

Comment

Thanks

So i have found two points 36°48'28.19" 7°17'52.80" (Oued el kebir N43) and 36°43'48.33" 6°15'47.30" (Oued el Kebir N27), i found that N27 it's the point because it's between Jijel and Skikda, but also can't find berkou, why in algeria they call all the places as oued?, i know that oued is river, do the people talk tunisian arabic?, tunisian arabic is a mix of french + arabic, have got an good online dictionary?

Comment

I think the people in Tunisia speak Tunisian Arabic - in Algeria the Algerian people speak Algerian Arabic

But seriously, there are often strong similarities between the Arabic spoken in different Maghreb countries, and so many words will have the same use and meaning and Maghreb Arabic speakers can generally understand each other well. There are, of course, hybrid words peculiar to the different nations, depending on which former colonial power attempted to impose its language on the people while exploiting their lives and resources, and layers too of words from older traditional languages.

Your N27 location for Oued El Kébir is correct - a new bridge is being built there soon, so who knows what mineral gems will be dug up then, eh?

'Oued' is a term ('Wadi' is the equivalent in the Middle East), that features often in Maghreb placenames - it indicates a dried up riverbed that only ever contains water during times of heavy rain. In Spain they say 'ramblas' (which comes from the Arabic word 'ramla'), in America they say 'wash' to describe the same feature. So in Algeria they don't call 'all places' 'Oued' - just those that have dried up river beds.

Comment

Thanks,.. i have seen that algeria buys food and planes from brazil and brazil buys crude oil, naphtha for the petrochemical and propane gas from algeria, it have a meeting between brazil and argelia in the beginning of this year, arab language is very unkown in brazil, the north africa languages and countries is said to be exotic in brazil, but to say to a girl "you are beautiful" i say "anti jamila" or "misya:na"?, i have seen this word in the peace corps dictionary, english-tunisian arabic, i don't know if the magreb arabic is the same in oued el kebir and in algiers, if the word for "beautiful girl " is the same in algiers and oued el kebir, tell me if have a online dictionary, of english-algerian arab, i think magreb arab could be less tortuous than modern standart arabic, because of the "r" phoneme and others phonemes, i know very few about arab culture and language however my father was syrian descendent.

Comment

Salam,

You can find more information about Brazil - Algeria business ties >>> here <<<. Maybe there will be some useful contact names / organisations that you can find there.

There was an online dictionary containing some Algerian Dardja (Dardja = Algerian Arabic, also spelled Darja) words and phrases, but it seems to have gone offline at present. If it reappears on a new web host I will post a link for it here. You might also be able to order this Algerian Dardja-English Thesaurus in a library, or buy the eBook version.

Comment

Tell me other thing, why algeria flag is green if the country is almost a desert!, yes i will search for this dictionary, i have found in algeria.com that beautiful woman is "zeena", let me say, beautiful world too, i was searching oued berkou because of a new theory of mine, it's about the comparation of the individual with chemical elements, not more with races, because races have not equal individuals, race is a adaptation with the country weather, climate and life condition, but only jung and the taoism say that human personal identity is fragmented, i don't know if have more people with the same theory, i only could see that living in a country with no identity, and no homogeneity of race, because of this was more easy too me to found a new theory, but i a have few ideas, i found my chemical elements, i found europium as external, and lutetium, fluorine, astatine(in this importance order) as internal, maybe in arab world people people knows more about the elements, the ancient arabs knows fire, water, air and earth, today we have 100 important elements, and i found some of my identity in algeria, because our identity is fragmented in elements and in parts of the world.

Comment

Tell me other thing, why algeria flag is green if the country is almost a desert!
                It is usually said that the green in Algeria's flag symbolizes Islam. Algeria is an enormous country, with many types of landscape within it. There is desert for sure, but that is not all, there are forests, rivers, lakes, mountain ranges, green fields, green valleys etc. etc. There is a lot more than desert to see there, it is a richly varied and beautiful country.

Comment

Yes, iam sorry, i have a found a picture very beautiful, it's oued el kebir but it's said as kheiri oued adjoul, the algeria forests are very beautiful, i will gather some money and be in there one day, with money i would travel to Scotland for the girls heeh, and to Algeria to find more about the algeria's nature.

Comment

What about the water in algeria, water is expensive?, in Brazil water is very cheap, but to travel what is the difficulties in algeria?, look: The cumulative volume of water in the state of Ceará, has topped 14 billion cubic meters in the 131 reservoirs monitored by COGERH, the state of Ceará in Brazil is ,in Brazil, a very dry place, but have 3 times more water then entire Algeria!!!!!!
                    Last edited by leofrombrasil; 9th October 2009, 22:52.

Comment

What about the water in algeria, water is expensive?, in Brazil water is very cheap, but to travel what is the difficulties in algeria?
                      Be careful, don t travel to Algeria for girls. Read the article below from Algiers,1802:

"Britannic Magazine; or, Entertaining Repository of Heroic Adventures and Memorable Exploits, 1802

"ALGIERS, April 25.—On the 21st, an officer of the regency, accompanied by guards, presented himself at the house of Mr. Falcon, the English consul, and summoned him to open one of the lower apartments of his house. Two of the domestics fled, and, as the key was missing, the guards broke open the door, and found two Turkish women. The English consul declared that they could have been introduced only by his domestics. The house was immediately surrounded by a great mob, and Mr. Falcon was exposed to the greatest danger. The women, being conveyed to the regency, were at first condemned to be drowned, but received each 500 blows with a stick. One of the domestic slaves having made a consession at the Marine-office, which criminated the English consul and his secretary, the Dey caused to be signified to them that they must quit Algiers in three days. The prince remained all night at the Marine-office, to inspect the reparation of the vessel destined for their embarkation. On the 22d, the consul represented to the regency, that, being sent to Algiers by his sovereign, he could not leave it but by his orders. The Dey, without giving him time to communicate with any one, caused him to be immediately seized by six tchaoux, who conveyed him on-board at noon, and the vessel immediately sailed."

Comment

Let me say i prefer scotgirls, i don't think in algeria is easy to talk to a girl, i could be afraid, i know that in there the Mohammed's religion prevails, and prevails in all the deserts, because have done a society with culture and agriculture that was better then Charlemagne, i prefer to go to small cities as oued el kebir, i have played BF2 (ok it's a war game only, but i could feel like violence and desert could be, but have no relation with algeria, but i have never been in a desert), and i have imagine how the things could be with a woman in algeria, could be not good. I have never been there, but i will go in the future.

Comment

Persea americana and Phaseolus vulgaris

Persea americana and Phaseolus vulgaris are know in algeria?, are very utile in agriculture, it will be the future food, not only T. durum, curiously in Brazil the wheat crop was affected by rain, the Paraná State Government has already reduced to 2.7 million tonnes of the crop, compared with a potential production of 3.5 million tonnes, a thing that does not happen in the countries of the Middle East.

Comment

Salam,

Avocado (Persea americana) is known in Algeria, there are some orchards there. The flageolet bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) is also known in Algeria and is used in many Algerian recipes.

Comment

I am almost sure that they know peanut in your country, because it's like dry climate, however in the north of north africa climate has change, as you can see in google earth, i have seen in a guide that the border between algeria and morroco is closed, and do you know tazrouk (in the photo)?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X