Clear All

• gn4dz
    replied
    welcome to a.com

Leave a comment:

• Guest 123
    replied
    Originally posted by BACK2MYROOTS View Post

Al-Khiyal, you sound like 'Big Brother'. Now, you're scaring the hell out of me, and probably our new user too !! (lol)

(Biting nails!)
    'Big Brother' was a wimp. There is far more effective and ruthless monitoring here

But seriously, every site you ever visit will have the capacity to 'see' what you read, what you search for, profiles you check, etc. etc. Stats are routinely collected on all sites and not just to maintain post counts etc. - somewhere in the records will be logs of the most read threads, most visited profiles, IPs used to make posts etc. etc. And outside the site's technology, Googlebots, Yahoo bots, Alexa bots - all kinds of bots - visit day and night, and carry away details of all activities to their respective 'owners' who then update their records for the Internet.

'Seeing' user activity isn't about 'spying on individuals' - it's a great help to see what people are reading or what topics they are searching for. If we don't have it, we can add it, or if something is of particular interest we can keep the topic updated. And 'seeing user activity' can also be useful to head off attempts at pestering or hacking site members.

You're all a lot safer here than you'll ever know

P.S. You should be a lot more worried about >>> this <<<

Leave a comment:

• BACK2MYROOTS
    replied
    Big Bro?!

Originally posted by Al-khiyal View Post
    Salam wa mar7aba,

Welcome to Algeria.com, I hope that you'll enjoy your time with us.

I have noticed you lurking offline for some time, so don't be shy about me knowing your reading interests

Al-Khiyal, you sound like 'Big Brother'. Now, you're scaring the hell out of me, and probably our new user too !! (lol)

(Biting nails!)

Leave a comment:

• Cheba_Mami
    replied
    Welcome

Leave a comment:

• Drajah
    replied
    shukran

Leave a comment:

• Shotokan_Karate
    replied

Welcome Drajah!

Leave a comment:

• Bent_Bladi
    replied
    lurking... damn that's such a creepy word :s

lol anyways welcome

Leave a comment:

• Guest 123
    replied
    Salam wa mar7aba,

Welcome to Algeria.com, I hope that you'll enjoy your time with us.

I have noticed you lurking offline for some time, so don't be shy about me knowing your reading interests

Leave a comment:

• Drajah
    started a topic lurker > member

lurker > member

hey everyone

I've been lurking on the site for a while, but only registered yesterday. look forward to posting and getting to know you all though - though from the posts i've read, it seems like I know some of you already, so don't be freaked out if I'm too familiar

Drajah

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X