Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for my children

Hi

My name is Aayesha. I came on this site for the first time this week. I found it after reading the story of Nassima Sadia, who was taken to Algeria by her father from Ireland. Unfortunately I too have the same story. I live in Western Australia and my ex husband took my 3 daughters to Algeria in Feb 2008. I have not seen them since. If anyone has any advice or knows about any services I could access, I would appreciate the information. I have visitation rights granted by the Algerian courts. However it doesn't mean anything as he cannot be found.

Originally posted by Aayesha View Post
    Hi

My name is Aayesha. I came on this site for the first time this week. I found it after reading the story of Nassima Sadia, who was taken to Algeria by her father from Ireland. Unfortunately I too have the same story. I live in Western Australia and my ex husband took my 3 daughters to Algeria in Feb 2008. I have not seen them since. If anyone has any advice or knows about any services I could access, I would appreciate the information. I have visitation rights granted by the Algerian courts. However it doesn't mean anything as he cannot be found.
    salaam
    sister i can offer you nothing by means of information i wish you well and inshallah you will be reunited with your children! i shall ask God to help you.please let us know how you progress inshallah khayr salama

Comment

Hello,
      Do you know which city (or area) in Algeria he is from ?
      Did you write to the Court in Algiers (or the one which gave you visitation rights) ?

If I were you, I would go to Algeria, see his family, put pressure on them to get information ... I've always said that if something similar happened to me, I would hire a couple of men and get my children out even from deep Sahara.

Don't give up. (How old are they ?)

PS: There must be some international law ... I know there is specific law between France and Algeria..

Comment

Hi

I have been twice to Algeria in 2009. The first time I was at his doorstep and he refused to open. As I never had visitation rights at that stage the authorities would not help. When I got the paper work he was gone. At the time he was in Jijel.

When I returned he had moved to Eulma in Setif. Again I missed him, he had gone away for the summer break. HIs mother lives in Ain Beida. I went to visit her but she refused to open the door.

His sister is in Biskra, she told me there was nothing she could do. I went to Annaba were his brother lived hoping to leave the presents I brought, but to no avail. The family does whatever my ex says. No one wants to get involved.

Aayesha

Comment

Have you had any joy from the Australian authorities? Have you been able to get in touch with the mother of Nassima Sadia for advice? Can you not obtain legal advice outside of Algeria?

I wish you all the best and hope this situation is resolved soon.

Regards

Comment

Don't give up, Aayesha, if you can't find any support in his family, you can try to establish another form of contact, with the neighbours for example... just don't ever give up.

I think whatever your relationship with your ex-husband may have been, he is a coward, instead of facing up to his responsibilities and assuming his (present and past ) choices, he uses a child to separate the world into 2 entities. He is not in a movie. His child is a human being and Algeria is NOT the Holy Land where everything is perfect. He is just fooling himsef and wasting your time (his, yours and your daughter's).

I feel really sorry for you.

Comment

I'm surprised to hear that he is hiding your children.. Are you Muslim? how long were you married to him, I have friends in biskra . if you want i can contact them and have them look for your ex. husband what is his name?

Comment

I don't think Aayesha should give such information on a public forum. (That's my opinion)

Comment

Unforetunately this is a common occurence both to Muslim and Non Muslim wifes(women do it too).
                  I am Muslim born and raised.
                  My children were raised as practising Muslim. I home schooled them then eventually put them in Muslim school. My ex husbands only real concern was that I would take him to court and I would get custody. Even then in Australia they never give full custody it is usually half half. But when you want full control half is never good enough.
                  My daughters are 11,9 and 6 years.

Their fathers name is xxxxxxxxxxxxx. His father who is originally from Biskra (he has passed away) his name is xxxxxxx.

Thankyou everyone for showing a interest in my story.
                  Last edited by Guest 123; 27th December 2009, 02:28. Reason: Personal, identifying information removed

Comment

Dear Tipaza

I appreciate your concern. It is one I hold myself.
                    One thing I have realised over the last 2 years is. I do not know through whom Allah will bring a solution. I hope too he will protect them. There is rarely a right and wrong except for halal and haraam. It is a matter of judgement and being able to bare the consequences of our actions.
                    Thanks for your opinion anyway.

Comment

Salam

Just to be clear about the site rules: posting personal, identifying details about others in circumstances like this is not permitted here. With all respect to everyone, which of you really knows who an ID on a forum is? And which of you would like someone to be posting your real names and other family details on this or any other forum?

There are ways to trace people, but anything that looks like the volunteering/recruitment of anonymous cyber-vigilantes obviously isn't something that can be accepted here.

With a little thought, I'm sure everyone will understand why.

Comment

I did not know i was not suppose to ask what her husbands name was. I was trying to help. I know some people in Biskra. I meant only to help her find her children. i can understand now . Nonetheless, i will not ask personal questions again in regards to finding her children. be sure of that !. , viva bou-saada

Comment

Salam, ya viasaada,

No worries, it's just that we have to acknowledge that others, even if they have not behaved with honour, in circumstances such as those at the heart of this sad story, have 'third party privacy rights'. Anyone could register on a site and make claims about anyone else, but posting the names of others who are not around to tell their own story, or refute allegations etc., is problematic.

We've also had people 'searching for people' in the past. Again, in terms of what we can tell from a forum ID, they could be debt collectors, cops, jealous love rivals, stalkers - how do we really know?

I am not casting doubt on Aayesha's account or on your sincerity and desire to help her - unfortunately there are several mothers who have met with the same awful experience. But outside offering prayers, support and practical advice, we cannot get into the business of publically naming names here on the forum. Having said that, I cannot, of course, moderate any private messages that individuals may wish to exchange.

Speaking for myself, I think it should be considered haram for any man to inflict what is, in effect, damaging child abuse on children who are torn emotionally and robbed of a parent when a marital relationship fails and he absconds with the children. Acknowledging the rights to an ongoing relationship between the mother and children should not be in some man's 'gift' - it should be the law. And Algerian authorities should be more proactive in establishing mechanisms to prevent the type of cruelty that cases like this always involve.

Comment

Thank you !

Comment

Assalamualaykum

I have been away on a much needed break. I did not have interent access.
                              I am sorry for any trouble caused.
                              I will not post any identifiable information from now on.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X