Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deciding where to go on vacation this year...Algeria and Tunisia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deciding where to go on vacation this year...Algeria and Tunisia?

Greetings,
    I have traveled to Yemen, Turkey, Jordan, Syria during the last 4 years. Loved all of those countries for various reasons. I am thinking about Algeria (not too many tourists?) and Tunisia because it is a neighbor. Love the culture, know about the history, love the cuisine and so much more.
    Questions: I am interested in train travel as much as possible, and for adventure, the camel. I have traveled Wadi Rum during 3 days & nights in the cold season, December, with one guide only and 2 camels, for him and myself. Slept in the desert, under a blanket. I would like to do the same trek, but longer, 5 nights or more, in Algeria or Tunisia.
    Can someone give me information, or suggest a tour guide. I am not interested in group travel at all and not interested in buildings and monuments. I like people and animals.
    I am a young, middle aged woman, originally from Europe, but living in USA, who is very fit and walks many kilometers every day. I can send you more info, upon request. My entire trip in Algeria would last about 2-3 weeks.
    If you have suggestions, please write to me.
    Thank you!
    camellady
    Last edited by camellady; 27th May 2010, 01:52.

Here is one highly regarded U.S. agency that can likely help you with leads or planning for Tunisia (not sure about their connections in Algeria):

Caravan-Serai Tours Inc.

Bon voyage!

Comment

No agencies please

Greetings,
      I appreciate your suggestion. But I plan everything myself, and as a result, create adventure. The planning is half the fun. The unexpected is what I crave. Take care and thank you for writing!
      camellady

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X