Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, I'm new here! Looking to find people in a similar situation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I'm new here! Looking to find people in a similar situation.

Hi,
    I am fortunate to have a married a wonderful man who happens to be Algerian. Will in the next few years move out to Algiers. I'm looking to hopefully meet similar women to myself to chat about experiences of Algeria. Ie language and culture.
    My passion is cooking and I have a blog of Algerian recipes authentic an with a little English twist.
    If my hubby loves it, I blog it!
    Sweetpea & Jasmine | An exploration of food.

Hi,

I am also married to an Algerian, he is Kabylie. I have been to Algeria once...My hubby lives in Bouira, which is about an hour and 20 minutes or so away from Algiers. He speaks arab, kabylie, French, and a little bit of English. Let me know if you would like to talk...

Originally posted by Sarahboudjema View Post
    Hi,
    I am fortunate to have a married a wonderful man who happens to be Algerian. Will in the next few years move out to Algiers. I'm looking to hopefully meet similar women to myself to chat about experiences of Algeria. Ie language and culture.
    My passion is cooking and I have a blog of Algerian recipes authentic an with a little English twist.
    If my hubby loves it, I blog it!
    Sweetpea & Jasmine | An exploration of food.

Comment

Hi Sylvia,
      Nice to meet you. I've also only been to Algeria once before. I stayed in Algiers but travelled a bit of the countryside too. How did you find it? I was a little unsure of Algiers itself but loved the landscape of the countryside. The food along the coast was amazing! Especially the grilled sardines, I would live there on the strength of that alone!
      What I did find hard was the language. Have you managed to learn it?

I'm nervous of moving there and need to visit more. I suppose I'm most nervous of not learning the language and feeling isolated?

It's nice to hear some positivity. A lot of people on here seem to have a warning about marrying an Algerian! People there are good and bad in every race and religion!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X